x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

What's the best way to keep batteries working?

Karpour Page Icon Posted 2014-11-21 3:11 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

So, I have quite a few handhelds here that work with Li-Ion (?) batteries, and I wondered, what's the best way to store them so they'll hold a charge when I use them. Most of my Handheld sit on the shelf most of the time.

So, what's best:

• Putting the battery out while charged and storing it separately

• Putting the battery out when empty and storing it separately

• Leaving the HPC connected to AC with the battery inside

• Anything else?

I really have no clue what's best for the batteries and of course I'd be able to use my HPCs for a long time with batteries

Thanks!
 Top of the page
ckr Page Icon Posted 2014-11-21 4:14 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Karpour: there is a Battery Best Practises guide in the support and tutorials section of this site that covers longer term storage of Li-Ion batteries.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-11-21 7:20 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I've kept my MP900C plugged in for almost 10 years now....and the battery (extended type) still holds a good charge. I probably run it down to nothing every few months using it, but other than those few times...it is always plugged in.
 Top of the page
Karpour Page Icon Posted 2014-11-21 7:52 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

Duh, should've checked the articles first, I tend to forget just how much useful information there already is here

Thanks for the replies, I think what I'll do is try to build something into my shelf to keep my J720 and my J820 connected to power at all times. What's keeping me right now is that the J720 power supply has this incredibly annoying high-pitched sound, so I'll try to find a good quality replacement.
 Top of the page
techboy411 Page Icon Posted 2016-10-26 11:03 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Protip: Try to find GENUINE HP (or whatever brand) chargers. Preferably, a lightly used or a NOS (new-old stock) part.
The cheap eBay/Banggood/WhatHaveYou.com stuff generally feature poor EMI shielding. Also, they are problably not made with the same quality parts as the OEM's. (Although, some OEM chargers are absolute trash. But, those usually are defects that sneeked out of the QC process)
 Top of the page
Mobi Page Icon Posted 2016-10-27 7:46 AM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

I have some old smartphones, and I keep the batteries in a container of rice in the fridge (yes, my wife thinks I'm insane, but that's a side issue). I've read that they should be charged to about 60% and kept in a cool environment. They all still keep a decent charge, so it seems to be working.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2016-10-28 12:56 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 11