x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Does this count as a HPC?

1 2
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2014-12-23 9:00 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

There's been a lot of discussion about this on these forums. Search "Mobilon battery" and you'll see what I'm talking about. Here's a particularly instructive one:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=3797
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2014-12-23 9:08 PM
#
H/PC Elite

The only time I tried to recell my HC-4500's battery was when I put myself in danger of cutting myself with an extremely sharp blade...needless to say I never attempted it again. My message obviously is be careful.

If I have some spare cash and I'm not looking at other things I might consider a HC-4200 or HC-4100, especially if they come with the HPC Pro ROM, as those used dry cells and are more reliable than the colour models.
 Top of the page
mikey pizano Page Icon Posted 2014-12-23 9:45 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hmm, wondering if it is really worth all the effort for what I am using as a toy.
 Top of the page
hmascience Page Icon Posted 2014-12-24 12:14 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

FWIW, in replacing the cells in a MP900, cutting through the battery pack just took patience. So, unlike the referenced directions, my revision would be ...

2. Using an Xacto knife, make a series of shallow cuts along the bottom of the battery pack where the plastic comes together (see picture). You're cutting through the plastic, so be patient.

I'd define "a series" as being 100-300 cuts.

Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-12-24 1:42 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I have since improved in my battery rebuilding.

I too use an Xacto knife, but I also sit with a lit candle. Heating the blade before scoring actually melts the plastic making it far easier to cut. I've reduced my strokes from 200+ to about 50 using a heated blade.

And if you don't use a bench vise or something to secure the battery with and choose to hold it, you can buy steel knife protective gloves that will keep you from cutting your fingers off.
 Top of the page
mikey pizano Page Icon Posted 2014-12-25 1:33 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I have seriously considered doing my Sig3 battery.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2014-12-25 10:39 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Mikey,

let me know if you need "broken" Sig 3 with good battery. (They still somehow don't allow to send only battery overseas).

There are lucky times I can find one.
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2014-12-25 3:23 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

mikey pizano - 2014-12-25 4:33 AM

I have seriously considered doing my Sig3 battery.

This won't happen without loosing at least some of the factory look. The battery of Sig 3 is terrible for recelling, the whole edges of the case halfes are glued and the contact between glued edges is overlapping and hidden.
 Top of the page
mikey pizano Page Icon Posted 2014-12-25 6:01 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Well, I wont try recelling again anytime soon! I checked it 3 times, to make sure polarity was right, and i fried the HC4600... Merry Christmas indeed...
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 12