x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2015-01-19 12:29 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Well, my old phone was starting to act up and I needed a new one. I have done a lot of research on phones in the past couple of weeks and I didn't have a big budget at all. Especially not the $500-$700 phones out there... I came across the ZTE ZMAX and I decided I really wanted one. I gave my old Nexus to my wife so I had been without a tablet for a while. and needed to find a happy medium. This fits the bill quite well with a 5.7" screen. This was only $179... I cannot believe what you get for this price. I really like this one so far... Yes, it is a bit large, but still fits comfortably in my pocket... I will post updates as they come!
ZTE ZMAX USA

Here are the specs:

Design Type Smartphone
Resolution: Width 1280
Resolution: Height 720
Technology TFT LCD HD
Features Gorilla Glass 3.0®
Platform OS Android 4.4 (KitKat)
Camera Main Resolution 8MP
Features Auto-Focus
Video Capture 1080p
Front-Facing Resolution 1.6MP
Processor CPU 1.2GHz Quad-core MSM8926
Battery Capacity 3400 mAh
Memory Internal 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM
Expandable up to 32GB microSD™ card
Networks Frequencies GSM/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900MHz - UMTS/HSPA: 850/AWS/1900/2100MHZ - LTE CAT 3/4: B2/B4/B7/B12
Connectivity Bluetooth 4.0
Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz & 802.11 a/n 5GHz
Mobile Hotspot Yes
GPS GPS/AGPS/SUPL
USB Yes
Headset Jack 3.5mm
Audio & Video Sound Technology Dual-Mic Noise Suppression, Dolby DM3+

Edited by Yoldering 2015-01-19 12:36 AM
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2015-01-19 8:51 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Dat screen resolution must be what brings the price down, with that screen size the pixel density can't be very high. Also, that the components are bought in vast quantities and are assembled using cheap labour...

I had to switch back to a Galaxy SII for a couple weeks while my current phone was in for repairs. Even though it had a custom Kitkat build on it there is no competition with Sailfish, though I guess the app selection is the deciding factor for most.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2015-03-03 3:32 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Update:
I have had this phone for weeks now and I have to say I love it. Awesome battery life, great photos, ease of use, and I have not noticed the screen resolution affecting anything. I really have to say that for the money, and this screen size, you can't beat this phone.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-03-03 9:18 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

It certainly is huge! I don't see myself carrying it around in my pants pocket...
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2015-03-03 2:20 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Nice... I have a Samsung galaxy Avant, I payed $199 ...that's about as big as i want to go on a phone... 4.5 inch.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-03-03 5:08 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

On the other hand, Scott doesn't need a separate tablet...just his huge phone to do it all...
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2015-03-03 7:25 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

A choice of preference i guess.... minimum 6" on a tablet for me. I got one of those amazon fire 6" just to tide me over wile i decided on my replacement a few months ago. Now it will replace my Chumby 8" alarm clock... yeah had it planned out.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2015-03-04 9:00 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Rich, exactly! I gave my nexus to my wife and haven't looked back. I have a slim cover on it, and it really doesn't bother me at all. I also have to carry a Nokia Lumea 830 for work, and I don't like both of them. I usually leave the 830 at my desk...
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2015-03-23 3:54 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

All though i still think it may be too big for a phone, I went ahead and got the ZTE to try it out... Giving my Fire hd 6" to someone. & keeping the Zmax.. If anything it will be a great portable tablet/alarm clock. Its speed is on par with my Samsung so no complaints there.

Got one of these holsters as well and it works just fine
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2015-03-24 10:07 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

thcrw739 - 2015-03-23 9:54 AM

All though i still think it may be too big for a phone, I went ahead and got the ZTE to try it out... Giving my Fire hd 6" to someone. & keeping the Zmax.. If anything it will be a great portable tablet/alarm clock. Its speed is on par with my Samsung so no complaints there.

Got one of these holsters as well and it works just fine

Awesome! thcrw739, so what made you change your mind?
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2015-03-25 2:50 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Well to be honest it was mostly because i was curious if i really could deal with a phone of this size, and if i could thought of all the advantages of having a bigger screen wile out and about.

I knew at least internal hardware wise it would be as good as the Samsung.

Surprised at the quality that's for sure, I expected it to be much more shabby than it is.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 49 - Executed queries : 30