x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-01-21 7:50 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Thinking of the person of the recent post needing help getting his Cisco350 working with his J690, got me to thinking....do I have a Cisco 350 card still?

So without thinking, I go on eBay and I just ordered a lot of the Aironet 350 cards...got 4 of them for $2 and that included shipping. How cheap are these things these days.

Then I thought...do I have a 350 card already...so I open my junk drawer and start pulling out wifi cards...oops, guess I jumped the gun. Pictured below are the various wifi cards I have that I have used with various HPCs in the past...everything from SD wifi cards to CF to PCMCIA to USB.

Though it only works with a limited number of HPCs, the 3Com card with the XJack antenna has always been my favorite for simplicity...extend the antenna, it turns on, push it in, it turns off. For my 900C, I like the 54G card...because of its speed.

So...look at my picture...18 working wifi cards, plus 4 more coming in the mail. Can you beat that? If so, let's see your picture.

(wificards.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments wificards.jpg (437KB - 2 downloads)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2015-01-21 10:53 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

haha, in a word, no I can't beat that not by a long long, long way.

You are the king of the cards!
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2015-01-22 2:10 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Surely CE Geek has you beat...my wife has made me get rid of a lot but I'll see what I can find...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2015-01-22 5:22 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Nope, Yoldering, can't say that I do. Seven PCMCIA cards: six Agere-based (NEC WarpStar, Enterasys RoamAbout, three Proxim Harmony [each pulled from the insides of my three Brainium DreamMax 700s], and my old standby, the Agere ORiNOCO Classic Gold) and one Prism-based (3Com 3CRWE62092A); one CF Type II (Prism-based Belkin F5D-6060), and five CF Type I: one Agere-based (Agere CF-B-AG-01), three Prism-based (D-Link DCF-660W, Linksys WCF12, and SanDisk Connect Plus 128 MB), and one 802.11g (I-O Data AirPort WN-G54/CF). That's 13 in total. With 18 cards, Rich has the better hand.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-01-22 1:37 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I forgot, I have a Sandisk Connect Plus also...it is in my Skyepad. I like it because of the Skeypad backup program...easy to perform a full backup since the memory card is always there as part of the wifi card.

So make that 23 cards. I also have a USR MaxG wifi that I used to use with my AMD 50x15, but I didn't count that since it wasn't an HPC usage.

CEGeek...you list is pretty impressive anyways...and surely you have the most CE devices of anyone in the western hemisphere...
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-01-24 8:15 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Well I got my wifi cards today and was surprised...he threw in a 5th one. But I hadn't seen a Cisco 350 like it before. It doesn't have the antenna connected to it...one of those you have to plug an antenna into.

Anyways, the entire auction was $2 with free shipping....yet the stuff came in a small flat rate box which I know is like $5 to ship...weird...this guy is giving the stuff away and paying for it to be shipped too.

(wificards.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments wificards.jpg (241KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 10