x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Casio PA-2400U/W and AA Batteries

aab Page Icon Posted 2015-01-23 8:11 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Does anyone know if the Casio PA-2400U/W needs an adapter (that didn't come with with device) to use it with AA batteries?

Also, what's the difference between the model that ends in U and the one that ends in W? Is the AA usage the same for both models?

The manuals simply state that it can run on AAs without mentioning any adapter being needed so I assumed it didn't need an adapter.

Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks
 Top of the page
Richard Plume Page Icon Posted 2015-01-23 8:49 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hi aab;

I have the Casio PA-2400U-CF and yes, they use either a lithium battery pack or a separate holder for AA batteries. This is similar to the way the Casio A-20 series works (and no, the packs are not interchangeable). I would expect the PA-2400 series to follow in the A-20 series’ footsteps and the PA-2400 series battery packs would be interchangeable between the U and W models (they are the same form factor after all).

Let me know if you need the part numbers and I can look them up when I get home from work tonight (I have both AA holders and Lithium packs).

The U version is CE 2.0 and the W version is CE2.11.

Rick

Edited by Richard Plume 2015-01-23 8:50 PM
 Top of the page
aab Page Icon Posted 2015-01-23 9:05 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I ordered one new in box as I was sure it came with the AA holder, now I'm worried I bought a paperweight if I can't figure out a way to power it wirelessly (not sure the original battery will still be good, even if it is it will have short battery life after over 15 years).

Would you happen to have an extra AA holder you'd be willing to sell? Otherwise please give me the part number but I doubt it's findable.

Thanks

Edited by aab 2015-01-23 9:07 PM
 Top of the page
Richard Plume Page Icon Posted 2015-01-23 9:53 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

If this is the same eBay auction that Rich just posted, I suspect it comes with the AA battery holder already in place on the sealed unit. I can’t see anyone wrapping it without the AA holder in place. The Lithium battery can be seen in its box on the lower right, just above the AC adapter.

Just a note of concern: These have two sub batteries – one is the normal 2032 and the second is an IVR2430. If you find that when you change the main batteries and you’ve also installed a new 2032 and you’re still losing your settings – it’ll be the IVR2430. It’s a rechargeable battery and impossible to find in Canada. IIRC I found some at a place in Texas and again, IIRC, it cost a small fortune to replace the three I needed.

As for the AA battery holder, I wouldn't worry about it. Check it out when it arrives and let me know if you need one then.

Rick
 Top of the page
Richard Plume Page Icon Posted 2015-01-23 10:07 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

BTW, these are great machines. My PA2400U-CF can do handwriting as well as accept voice commands (all built in, but I don’t know if that extends to the PA-2400W). There is also no hinge to crack and I use mine with an iBIZ portable keyboard (also available on eBay). Their 320x240 (PA-2400U, but I don’t know about the PA-2400W) screen size makes for a much more enjoyable viewing experience than any of the other monochrome CE 2.0 machines I’ve used.

That CE 1.0 screen size also means that some software won’t run. If you need a list of what I have on mine, let me know – it’ll save you a bit of running around.

Also, that CF card might contain the Casio backup program for these units (mine did). Very handy to have.

Rick
 Top of the page
Richard Plume Page Icon Posted 2015-01-24 12:17 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hi aab;

The Lithium battery is part number PA-2120LI and the AA battery holder doesn't have a part number. I also checked my parts unit and it does not have an AA holder, so I must have used it on one of my others. Sorry, I thought I had a spare but I don't.

Rick
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2015-01-24 9:16 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Rick, the display resolution is 480x240 (on both the U and W), not 320x240.
 Top of the page
Richard Plume Page Icon Posted 2015-01-25 1:27 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

CE Geek - 2015-01-24 4:16 AM

Rick, the display resolution is 480x240 (on both the U and W), not 320x240.

Sorry, you're absolutely right. I don't know why I wrote 320.

Rick
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-01-30 6:07 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

In reference to the HPCBay post, these new PA-2400W units do come with the AA adapter...as shown in the photo below.

(004.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 004.jpg (300KB - 1 downloads)
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-02-15 6:44 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Can someone let me know where they found the battery clip/door or the charger pak. Last thing i need is to make my A20 portable. Stuck to a wall wart with it now, its def replacing my love, my A-11+ w/ CE 2.0.

Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-02-15 6:51 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Yeah im looking for a A20 battery charger holder/charging pack

Please let me know if you find one for sale :-)

Thanks everyone
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 10