x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sync Outlook 97 with live.com calendar?

PDXMark Page Icon Posted 2015-01-27 7:28 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Is it possible to sync an Outlook 97 calendar on a pc with an online calendar at live.com? I have a Win 7 laptop with XP Mode installed, and I was thinking to install AS 3.8 so I can sync my Jornada 720 and Axim X3. But then it would be great if I could sync the Outlook calendar with my live.com calendar, since it is synced with my Windows phone and Surface. That way I'd have the same calendar on all my devices.

I've searched online and have poked around in Outlook, but haven't found a way to do it. Does anyone know if it's even possible? Or is there an easier way to get all these devices on the same page?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2015-01-27 8:51 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

No, I'm afraid that you need Office 2003 Outlook to use the sync connector, 97 won't have the API's in in.

You could e-bay yourself 2003 or 2007 for not very much money.

Top of the page
PDXMark Page Icon Posted 2015-01-27 7:03 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I thought about getting Outlook 2003 (it is cheap on ebay), but would the Jornada and Axim be compatible with it?

I'm trying to decide between options for PIM, primarily calendar and tasks. I want to have an HPC or comparable (typeable clamshell) to use most of the time, then sync it with something pocketable that I can carry all the time. I have a Surface and a Lumia (Win 8.1) phone, but I don't like the phone's PIM interface as well; the calendar is OK, but there's no agenda view that includes tasks. I also have an iPaq 110 and a Redfly dock, and the iPaq syncs wirelessly with my live.com account, so I can have calendar and tasks synced on everything. And then I have the Jornada and Axim. I just bought the Jornada and it's in good shape, so I hate not using it....but the Axim is bulkier than the iPaq, so I'd be less likely to carry it all the time.

Sorry - probably a lot more detail than anyone needs or wants. I think I'm always looking for the perfect solution, and it probably doesn't exist. I just need to decide which imperfections I want to live with.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2015-01-27 9:10 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Yes, from what I *remember* it was fine. I think it was also possible to make it work with the hotmail connector back in the day although I never tried it. The underlying database doesn't really change until 2007 (although 2007 can load the old ones fine).
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2015-01-28 4:30 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Compatibility of those devices with Outlook 2003 shouldn't be a problem. I've had no compatibility problems with any CE devices (H/PC or Pocket PC) from 2.0 through 6.0 (other than Windows Mobile 5 and 6 devices since I have ActiveSync 3.8) synching with 2003 on my PC.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 8