x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 710, red stripes on display ?

hackerman1 Page Icon Posted 2015-02-01 5:24 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi !

I got a Jornada 710 with red stripes on multiple locations on the display.
Is that something that can be fixed ?

I found another thread about white stripes on a Mobilepro:
"ive seen this (or it looked the same at least) before, it was fixable with lots of fiddling.. basicalyl the connector on the motherboard is loose or something, but can be fixed."

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=10522&po...
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-02-01 6:46 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Anything can be fixed...just depends on what the problem is as to how much effort it is going to be and whether or not it is cost effective.

I would probably open up the device and clean all the contacts and put it back together and see what happens...particularly those that are involved with the video cables, both from the motherboard to the lcd and those inside the lcd that connect the invertor boards and other various components.

Sometimes it is just simpler to buy another unit however....
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2015-02-01 7:30 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Not in the case of the 710, Rich - they're pretty hard to find. However, if cleaning and adjusting the screen cable doesn't solve the problem, then getting hold of any nonworking Jornada (680, 690, 710, 720, or 728) may be a solution to replace the cable - as long as that's not what's not working on the parts unit. I once replaced the cable on a 728 with one from a 680, and the display worked fine after that.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-02-01 8:30 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I guess if you are a collector it makes a difference that you have a machine without a modem...
 Top of the page
Karpour Page Icon Posted 2015-02-04 11:28 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

I - for whatever reason - bought a replacement J720 screen sometime, I could send that to you for a few Euro, since we're both in the EU. I doubt I'll ever need it!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9