x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

hitachi persona HPW-50PA (general)

Mobilepro200 Page Icon Posted 2015-02-15 1:34 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I got a HPW-50PA hitachi persona , without realizing it takes a special type of battery.. now I am trying to locate the adapter to run it off that instead, but cannot find it. any one know of an adapter that will work ? would like to buy OEM adapter but I realize that is hard to find. hopefully some on can help me out, paid more then I wanted to for it ...now it's basically a paperweight

Edited by Mobilepro200 2015-02-15 1:38 AM
 Top of the page
hmascience Page Icon Posted 2015-02-15 3:57 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Bummer (been there, still have the marks). Some guesses (easy for me): that it's a standard 9V barrel adapter, if it has two cells (I can't tell from the pics). This website (https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fmnoriko.s3.xrea.com%2Fetc%2Fpersona%2Findex.htm) says it's immediate successor has lithium, which is probably 3.6 V / cell. That'd be consistent with the "competition" of the time and the successor's running time of 5-8 hrs.

Can you open the old battery pack (it'll involve a razor... see recent discussions)? In some cases, it's possible to use lithium cells and an external charger (if you can't find the correct AC adapter and/or the charging circuit is nonfunctional... isn't old tech grand ;-) ).

Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-02-15 6:49 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Hitachi's are weird...they first used NiMH cells, then went to LION. I have no idea what the HPW-50A series takes. Probably is printed on the bottom of the HPC however...certainly should have something there like 5V DC or whatever.

Thing I never liked about them was the idea that they used those rechargeable internal LION batteries for memory retention...the type that you have to charge up from the main battery...takes about a day to get rid of that stupid "low battery" warning.

Never seen a battery pack yet that I couldn't rebuild...
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2015-02-17 1:06 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Mobilepro200 - 2015-02-15 10:34 AM

I got a HPW-50PA hitachi persona , without realizing it takes a special type of battery.. now I am trying to locate the adapter to run it off that instead, but cannot find it. any one know of an adapter that will work ? would like to buy OEM adapter but I realize that is hard to find. hopefully some on can help me out, paid more then I wanted to for it ...now it's basically a paperweight

I don't know where you will get it besides probably Japanese Yahoo Auction, but adapter's part number seems to be HPW-BTC or HPW-WACA (not sure which) according to http://mnoriko.s3.xrea.com/etc/persona/index.htm .
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2015-02-17 6:08 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

I found out from the picture from one of the Yahoo Auction Japan listing that the AC adapter for Persona HPW-50PA is HPW-WACA.

Take a look at this auction listing that ended. http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/186709170

The spec is: 10V 1A.

Edited by stingraze 2015-02-17 6:13 AM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-02-17 2:07 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

The pictures show that the center tip is positive and the barrel is negative on adapter. There are a ton of 10V adapters for sale on eBay for less than $8.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2015-02-18 12:14 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Rich Hawley - 2015-02-17 11:07 PM

The pictures show that the center tip is positive and the barrel is negative on adapter. There are a ton of 10V adapters for sale on eBay for less than $8.

Cool.
 Top of the page
Mobilepro200 Page Icon Posted 2015-02-27 5:43 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

thanks all for the replies.
& rich Hawley: can you point me in the direction to buy the adapter? I am not a power adapter expert and don't want to buy the wrong type. thanks again
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-02-27 1:03 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

PM sent...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.148 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 10