x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Hp Slatebook 14 android.

1 2
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2015-03-03 2:23 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Cool, I decided to go with a little more money, but a different direction... Purchase a Samsung galaxy S 8.4 they came down in price... Still heck of a lot more than i have ever payed for a tablet...but i thin in the end if the build quality is good i'll be happy with it.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2015-03-04 1:41 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
That does look like a great machine.

Jake
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-03-04 1:44 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Yeah, I was looking at it as well. Pa-in-law has the 10.2 inch Galaxy Tab...but it is a little large and heavy to carry around easily. My 7" is okay, but many times I wish it were just a tab larger. The 8.4 seems just right....
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2015-03-04 3:01 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Well after 2, Yes 2 of them creaky on the right side, returned...I expect that on a cheap tablet but not a $350-$400 tablet..Back to the drawing board... I'm scared of dell these days but the venue 8 7000 looks pretty decent. No nexus tablet their build quality is sub par from my experience...

Edited by thcrw739 2015-03-04 3:01 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2015-03-04 4:29 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Why scared? Did they threaten you with physical harm?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-03-04 5:49 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Besides a decent processor and screen resolution, the things that I absolutely want in a tablet is a memory card slot and user replaceable battery. Oh, and gorilla glass would be nice too.
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2015-03-04 8:37 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

LOL, No just the last few or so products i bought from them have been turds to put it in the kindest manner i can.. so i quit buying dell Rich, Have not seen a android tablet with user replaceable battery since donut or so.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2015-03-04 10:52 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Try as I may, I just can't get into the tablet trend. I look at one and the first thing to mind: "How can I get a keyboard on that thing?"

They should make tablets with slider keyboards...

Jake
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2015-03-05 12:31 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Unfortunately, the best accessories are made for iPads you can find just about any type of keyboard case etc.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2015-03-05 2:07 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Geez, I can't stand my wife's Ipad. Apple always seems to be telling you what you can't do; it's like being at your aunt's house. But I do like the bt keyboards.

Jake
 Top of the page
PDXMark Page Icon Posted 2015-03-05 10:28 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I have a Surface RT with the Type Cover, and it's great for a lot of things - instant on/off, full MS Office, usb port, etc. The Type Cover is light, works well, and is recognized immediately when attached to the tablet. I just wish the Surface were 7" or 8" rather than 10". That's not a huge size difference, but I don't carry it around as much as I would a smaller tablet. I would use my wife's old Nook, but you can't pair it with a keyboard.
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2015-03-07 1:43 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

My Dell RT system was terrible, sent back 3 ended up with the same issues...Dealing with their customer service is more than i can take these days as well... I decided to try out a Fire hdx 8.9 (2014) model, I have fire tv's and got chosen for the Amazon Echo which has been fun...So i'll delve a little deeper into the amazon eco system. I have that 6" hd but it was a bit slow for me. my wife has the 7" hdx and its pretty nice.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 10