x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada Repairer in UK?

Jornada720lover Page Icon Posted 2015-03-01 5:30 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Does anyone know of a place in the UK where I could get my HP Jornada 720s repaired? On one, the upper half is pulling away from the lower half and the hinge is becoming distorted, causing screen blackouts - I lost my first Jornada 720 when same thing happened and the machine broke clean in half, and I don't want this one to go the same way. On the other, the keys in the bottom right of the keyboard, notably the /? key, have gone dead and don't register on screen when I hit them.

I'd dearly like to get both machines back in full working order, but Jornada Central don't appear to exist any more and I have no idea where else to go. Advice would be welcome.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2015-03-02 9:54 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
If you're willing to stick with a J720 (as opposed to a J728, which are harder to find), then ebay is your friend. You could probably get two machines for the price of one repair. That's how I buy my J720s.

Jake

Edited by Jake 2015-03-02 9:55 PM
 Top of the page
Jornada720lover Page Icon Posted 2015-03-06 9:52 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks Jake - as even 720s are getting pricey and hard to come by these days, I was looking to get my existing machines in full working order before buying any more! Problem is, I can't do PC repeirs myself - a severe case of sausage fingers...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 10