x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

NEC MobilePro 900 questions

Karpour Page Icon Posted 2015-03-11 10:54 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

I recently acquired a 900, making it my first ce.net device! (Thanks michelbel!) There are a few things that I couldn't solve using the forum search and HCL however!

1. I run WIN7 64-Bit and tried using the 900C Windows Vista Beta driver from the HCL for connecting the MP900 to my computer via the microUSB port. It said it was incompatible, I checked the .inf file from the 64-Bit archive and it turned out that it's the same .inf as for the x86 version of the driver on HCL.
In a (probably stupid) move I simply replaced x86 with amd64 in the file, and it seemed to work at first, but in the end didn't (that would've been too easy).
Soo, is there a way to get the proper .inf file? It would be awesome to use microUSB

2. I noticed that my standard Microsoft optical mouse works fine on the 900C, but there's no mouse cursor. I found a few discussions on the forum, but no solution on how to get it to display a cursor when the mouse is connected. The MP runs cmonex' 4.2 firmware by the way.

Edited by Karpour 2015-03-11 11:01 AM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-03-11 12:28 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

If you are using Win7 or Vista, and trying to synch using the WMDC 6.1 (Windows Mobile Device Center), then you need to use drivers for your 900C found here: http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0040.asp

Then it will work.

Plus this may be of interest to you as well: http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=17411&po... wmdc&highlightmode=1#M159369
 Top of the page
Karpour Page Icon Posted 2015-03-11 2:36 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

Hi!

That driver was the one I used, I downloaded the x64 version, but it just says that the driver isn't compatible.
Take a look at the .INF of the x64 download, it's the same as the x86 inf, so no wonder it doesn't work on 64-Bit Windows 7. :/
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9