x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2015-03-18 10:44 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Any hardware key + Enter/Action opens start menu on WM6.5.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-03-19 7:26 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Curious..."Life hack?" What life? It seems to me that when I installed 6.5 on my HX4700 I still had the start button visible on the screen.

You know it is a simple registry entry that enables or disables the start button:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\BubbleTiles]
"HardwareStartKeyEnabled"=dword:00000001

The above is the code for hiding the start key. Change the value to 0 and the start button will be visible.

I guess if you know the keycode for the start button, it would be easy enough to assign a shortcut to it, linking it to another key or key sequence.

Another thing I played with was a program from FantasticBytes...the same guy who wrote the Launch Manager shell that I used on my 900C. He wrote a program that allows you to define a softkey in order to launch an application. Perhaps something like that could launch a shell or utility that would give you access to the start button.

I know on those little MP3 players we were playing with that the start button would often times disappear when going from one program to another...
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2015-03-19 7:32 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
I'm running WinMo 6.1 on my HTC shift x9500. Whever the machine blanks (which works fine), the backlight refuses to stay at the user-dimmed level. Does anybody else have that trouble?

Jake
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2015-03-21 12:11 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Jake - 2015-03-19 10:32 PM

Does anybody else have that trouble?

Jake

No, my trouble is HP, not HTC.
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2015-03-21 12:12 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Rich Hawley - 2015-03-19 10:26 PM

Curious..."Life hack?" What life? It seems to me that when I installed 6.5 on my HX4700 I still had the start button visible on the screen.

You know it is a simple registry entry that enables or disables the start button:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\BubbleTiles]
"HardwareStartKeyEnabled"=dword:00000001

The above is the code for hiding the start key. Change the value to 0 and the start button will be visible.

http://www.modaco.com/topic/314045-howto-disble-startclose-button-w...
FYI/TIP: Here's tip which I didn't see here on this board yet, it's for WM6.5.3 and above.

Not exactly for 6.5.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.175 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 8