x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

IBM Workpad z50 - external power / charge status LED flashes RED.

Hercule Page Icon Posted 2015-03-26 10:18 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello. I have a problem in that when connecting the AC adapter the external power / charge status LED flashes RED , rather than amber (charging) or green (charged). Red is not listed in the manual, but essentially it does not charge the battery. When using IBMDIAG it identifies the main battery and backup battery with a result of Pass. However when I try to use The battery alibration program, it says the battery is not installed and so dont have the option to charge it.

I think either the laptop or battery have gone into over-current protection mode (p113 of the reference manual). I dont have the online usermanual on CD - can anyone post me a copy?

I dont have the dry cell option battery pack.

Any help would be appreciated.
 Top of the page
Hercule Page Icon Posted 2015-03-31 4:37 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I think I have found my own solution. I just removed both the main and backup battery and left disconnected for 24 hours. It seems to have reset itself and now just get the green or amber LED colour as expected. I am running the battery calibration program and will report its results.
 Top of the page
Hercule Page Icon Posted 2015-04-01 2:26 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I ran the battery calibration for 12 hours but had no success. The Li-ion batteryis listed as having 0% charge when viewed under the RapidAccess application.

I notice the battery starts to charge when first switching it on then after 5 seconds it stops charging and goes into AC mains power mode.

At least the red flashing LED has gone and is replaced by a flashing green/amber one instead. I guess the Li-ion pack has discharged too much and can not be revived.
 Top of the page
Hercule Page Icon Posted 2015-04-02 5:00 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

It could be the flashing Red was useful identifying the battery is not taking a charge. Unfortunately the reference or hardware service manual make no reference to a flashing red led.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9