x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Cassiopeia A-11 in 2015!

zinamo Page Icon Posted 2015-03-30 10:37 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello everyone,
back in the early 2000s I had an HP Jornada 680 (upgraded to CE 3.0 and 32 Mb if I remember well), but back then I sold it upgrading to a Windows Mobile device.. Nowdays these devices come quite cheap so since I always liked HPCs, the last week, I just got a Casio Cassiopeia A-11! But I have the bare unit only and I am missing the sync cable! I looked for it but I could not find any sync cable (not even on Ebay).. does anyone knows where can I get one? Compatibility with cables for other models?

On another thread pacmania1982 suggested me to use a USB IR adapter with Win 98 drivers, do you have any model to suggest me?

Also on the software side, can anyone help pointing me to a repository of software? Looking on the internet for CE 1.0 software leads to a lot of dead links..
Is there any software (other than Internet explorer) I can install directly from CF card?
Does anyone knows if it is possible to get somewhere the CE 2.0 ROM? That would be really great in terms of usability!

thanks!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-03-30 3:30 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

"HP Jornada 680 (upgraded to CE 3.0 and 32 Mb if I remember well)"

Nope...it had CE2.11 as it core OS. What it had was Handheld PC Edition v3.0

"does anyone knows where can I get one?"

You see the cables and docking stations on eBay periodically. Look for CR-A10 or CR-M10

"USB IR adapter...any model to suggest..."

If you buy an USB infrared device, it will be "hit & miss" as to whether it will work with ActiveSync. Some do, some don't. I have an Actisys IR2000UL that works perfectly via USB with both ActiveSync on my XP machine and the WMDC on my Wn7 machine. Also I have an Extended Systems ESI-9680, which is a serial IRD adapter that works with the serial port on my computer. It came from a Casio PC-Unite wristwatch (which I still own) and is actually the ESI device with a different label.

"...repository of software..."

Nearly every program ever written for HPCs is in the downloads section of this website. You will have to search to find out which are CE1 compatible.

"...get somewhere the CE 2.0 ROM..."

Nearly impossible to find...you would be better off just buying a handheld with CE2 or newer on it.
 Top of the page
zinamo Page Icon Posted 2015-03-30 10:03 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Ook many thanks for the precise answers! I will look what I can find to improve my A-11! Meanwhile I do some experiments with the software I can find, any suggestion on software configuration is well accepted :-)
 Top of the page
leba837 Page Icon Posted 2015-03-31 5:32 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Not sure if this page helps regarding the Cassiopeia ROM http://www.casio.com/support/driverdownloads/casssoftware.html
 Top of the page
zinamo Page Icon Posted 2015-05-02 3:58 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Some time has passed and I have experimented a lot with my cassiopeia.. I have used an old notebook with IR ports to communicate with the HPC with great results and enjoyment; I only need one more suggestion to improve the capabilities of my hpc, does anyone has a pdf and/or ebook reader working under CE 1.0?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-05-02 6:08 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

There are no PDF readers for CE1. The only practical way to read ebooks on a CE1 device is to convert them to .txt files first...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10