x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Time flies

wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2015-06-20 5:19 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Hey!

Been awhile. I stumbled on a birth announcement elsewhere so I thought I'd wonder over here to see what's what. I won't mention who because, well, if don't if they want the details known. Not my call to make.

What's new with me? Went to a Rush concert Wednesday. Wow. They still have it. 3+ hours of extreme goodness.

My kid is going on 6! Seems like just yesterday she was born. One week left of her first year of school.

Take note all current residents of the UK.

Turns out I'm a dual national. Imagine that. Once I have my passport sorted I'm giving serious thought to moving over for good. Although any country that would accept me has questionable judgement. Haven't decided where yet.

Packed all my hpc stuff into a couple of large boxes a few years ago and forgot about it. Technology moved so fast by the time I was ready to go smartphone/tablet exclusively all my hpc stuff was really so far behind it was pointless. Oh well, I did try years ago to be a pioneer of sorts.

Still happily riding a variety of motorcycles, from my learner CBR125 to an older Interstate, a Suzuki 400 Burgman (I love it, surprised the hell out of me), and an electric bicycle! It's very cool IMO.

Also, after decades my brain function has progressed enough for me to attempt playing my guitar again. I missed it so much, I'm horrible but I can measure progress so anything is possible.

There's so much more to write but I don't want to bore anyone to death just yet.

Shoutouts all around to one of my oldest net family!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2015-06-20 8:25 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Can't argue with you about Rush. They've been putting out good music for 40 years.

Nice to hear from you again, wally.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-06-20 1:17 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Who is Rush...did they play with Merle Haggard?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2015-06-20 6:21 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You're listening to too much country music, Rich. Rush is a Canadian rock group that is also very popular here in the US. Some of their best-known songs: "Tom Sawyer," "The Spirit of Radio," "Fly By Night," etc.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-06-20 6:56 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Well, I just listened to the three songs you mentioned, in an attempt to broaden my horizons...so to speak. After my seizure calmed down and I change into some dry underwear I went back to George Jones....ahhhhh....
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2015-06-23 10:46 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Rich...That comment just made my beer spit out my nose
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 8