x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Alarms no longer working on Casio E-100

aab Page Icon Posted 2015-08-27 5:42 PM
#
H/PC Elite

As I heard the garbage truck go by I realized I forgot to take the trash out last night. I checked my E-100 which is supposed to remind me and for the first time its alarm didn't go off. I tried adding test alarms 1-2 minutes in the future and they too are ignored, even after restarting it twice.

Is there a fix to this without having to do a hard reset? I don't recall this happening when I was using my first E-100 15 years ago.

Thanks
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-08-27 9:22 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Did you check to make sure the date and time is set correctly?
 Top of the page
aab Page Icon Posted 2015-08-28 12:42 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Rich Hawley - 2015-08-27 9:22 PM

Did you check to make sure the date and time is set correctly?

Yes, I even see the alarm bell icon disappear from the appointment in Calendar once the start time goes by.

I think I vaguely remember a program from back then that would resolve this sort of issue, anyone remember what it was called and where to get it?

Would a backup, hard reset & restore fix the problem or just restore it? I guess I could try.

Thanks
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2015-08-28 11:10 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Sounds like maybe something is keeping calnot.exe from executing. Maybe a software conflict somewhere with something you installed? I don't know which (if any) of the DLLs that World Clock and Calendar both call have a connection with calnot.exe. In any event, the only reliable way to check for a software conflict is to hard reset the device and reinstall each program you have on it one at a time, running test alarms after installing each program.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-08-28 1:35 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

The obvious...did you check to insure the audio is even working...play an MP3 or something?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2015-08-28 6:08 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I thought about that too, Rich, but when the alarm goes off it also opens a dialog box with the alarm message, and aab already said that the only thing that happens on the screen is that the reminder bell icon disappears from the item in Calendar.
 Top of the page
aab Page Icon Posted 2015-08-30 3:26 PM
#
H/PC Elite

There are no additional programs installed on this E-100 as I only use it for reminders and to do lists. As CE Geek said a message appears on screen and a LED flashes when a alarm normally goes off, none of those 3 things happen.

One thing I can think of is I had neglected it for months and dozens and dozens of alarms "piled up", I must have dismissed something like 30 alarms from the last months when I noticed the alarms no longer work.

Maybe I'll try a backup, hard reset and restore, hopefully whatever is causing the problem won't be restored.

Thanks
 Top of the page
aab Page Icon Posted 2015-09-01 5:55 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I just did a backup, hard reset and restore and alarms still don't work so the problem is being backed up and restored.

Is there any way out of this without having to re-enter every task and appointment one by one?

I'm sure I had a program in '99 that fixed this but don't remember the name.

Thanks

Edited by aab 2015-09-01 5:57 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2015-09-01 7:36 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Maybe it's a problem in the Appointments database. I found this thread in the Pocket PC FAQ forums that might give some clues, though I don't know whether there are significant structural differences between these databases in Pocket PC/Windows Mobile devices and those in the Palm-size PC platform. Anyway, you can take a look:

http://forums.pocketpcfaq.com/viewtopic.php?p=46907

Based on that thread, I'd suggest backing up the databases, deleting all appointments from Calendar, and then trying a test appointment to see if the alarm works then.

Bear in mind, though, that the Pocket PC FAQ forums have been locked for a long time, and I don't know if either Chris or Gerard even check in there any more, so you may not be able to get direct help there.
 Top of the page
aab Page Icon Posted 2015-09-01 9:22 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I'm sure the problem is in the database but so are my alarms.

I had an idea that will surely solve this, instead of backing up the PPC, I'll sync the tasks and appointments in the Windows XP emulator, then hard reset it and resync, this will resync my data but not the problem. However I always have trouble understanding the sync, I once deleted everything in outlook on my PC thinking it would sync them back from the PPC, and instead it deleted them all on the PPC. How to I wipe the tasks and appointments in Outlook on the PC and then sync the data from the PPC to the PC instead of ActiveSync wiping the PPC?

Thanks
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.222 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 10