x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Syncing question

aab Page Icon Posted 2015-09-04 5:13 PM
#
H/PC Elite

As I said in another thread my E-100's alarms stopped working entirely and I can't remember the name of the program that fixed this issue so I'll have to fix it myself.

I tried a backup, hard reset & restore but it also restored the problem. The next solution which will work is to sync my data to the Windows XP emulator, hard reset and sync it back, but last time I deleted all data on my PC so it would sync the new data from the E-100, but it instead deleted everything on the E-100 also.

How do I wipe all the outdated data from my PC to then sync the data from my E-100 to the PC without it wiping out the E-100 instead?

Thanks
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2015-09-04 8:11 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Unfortunately, ActiveSync automatically syncs changes made on either end since the last sync if all the changes were on one end or all on the other. There's no setting to let you choose the direction to sync. The only way to do this is to delete the partnership before synching. If you then have items on the databases on the E-100, when you re-create the partnership, it will ask you right before synching if you want to replace the information on the mobile device with the information on the PC or if you want to combine the information from the device with that on the PC. The second of those options will accomplish your objective.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-09-04 8:15 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

aab...the amount of time you have spent trying to fix this problem you could have already just re-entered the data manually after a cold reboot....
 Top of the page
aab Page Icon Posted 2015-09-13 9:35 PM
#
H/PC Elite

No, I have hundreds of things in the tasks app and the only way to re enter them other than syncing is writing them all on paper and typing them all back on the on screen keyboard or character recognition, there is ZERO chances of me taking the hours it would take to do this.

I still haven't had time to try to fix the alarms.
 Top of the page
aab Page Icon Posted 2016-02-11 11:18 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I finally got to getting this done today. I backed up the E-100 to a CF card just in case, deleted the PC partnership, re-synced with the PC so my tasks and appointments get synced, hard reset the E-100 and re-synced. My alarms finally work again. I hope this won't happen again, I think the cause was that for months I wasn't dismissing the alarms causing several hundred alarms to "pile up" which probably crashed the database.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 8