x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-10-05 2:37 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

K4S561632D-TL75 are the RAM chips on a MP900 motherboard. There are a pair of them. I've often thought about upgrading the RAM on my machine, but it was kind of cost prohibitive 5 or 6 years ago...

But now that the chips are plentiful and not used much any more, you can find them on eBay.

I'm thinking I could pick up a couple of chips, desolder the old ones and reinstall the new ones to double my memory from what it is now.

The K4S511632D-UC75 is available on eBay now for only $5.

While it might be a fun project, I'm not sure I would really be gaining anything...what'cha think?
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2015-10-05 3:06 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

$5 is a really good price.

You can write a cool article about it and boast that you are the first to have double RAM!
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2015-10-05 5:40 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Keep fingers crossed because whether the RAM will double depends on the kernel. If it is not programmed to use all available memory you are doomed. There are examples of both good and bad kernels among pocket pcs.

When I tried searching for 128 MB tsop54 chips for Sigmarion I did not find anything. I now realised that I have a spare Sig motherboard to modify.

You might want to examine available datasheets to find any inconsistency between these two parts.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2015-10-06 8:27 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Are you going to try just for 128MB or 256? I think the PXA255 address bus allows for it.
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2015-10-06 10:37 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

He wont find 1024 mbit chips.

I have a tablet pc with four tsop54 places, btw.
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2015-10-06 10:43 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.136 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10