x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Need help with WM5 Device.exe crashing due to dhcpv61.dll

mikey pizano Page Icon Posted 2015-10-18 12:40 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Anyone know how to fix this? It happens as soon as the WiFi connects. I thought it was an issue with the ROM (WM6 upgrade) so I flashed the original WM5 ROM back on to it but I am still getting the issue...

Edited by mikey pizano 2015-10-18 12:47 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-10-18 2:28 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I assume it all worked before you tried to upgrade to WM6? What is your device Mikey? I hate those networking errors...hard to pin down sometimes. Could be a hardware issue, a registry issue, or could be something with the network you are trying to connect to.
 Top of the page
mikey pizano Page Icon Posted 2015-10-18 2:49 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

The device is a Motorola Symbol MC3504, and it actually came with the upgrade installed. The router I'm connecting to is the Comcast junk, so I will need to try the older D-Link I keep around for older stuff that don't support wpa2...

Would replacing the DLL work? The Touch Pro I have with 6.1 connects just fine...
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-10-18 3:25 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

If you flashed the thing with the factory firmware...it should work I would think. I've had several WM5/6 smartphones in the past, but never had one with a barcode reader built in....that is kinda cool, though I don't know what you would use it for.

I think I would try the simplest things first, like going to McDonalds and seeing how it connects with an open wifi hotspot and see if the error occurs. Simplest way to rule out your router being the culprit.

Since it is an DHCP error...you have to wonder if your router is an IPv4 device. C:Amie would better know if IPv6 is backward compatible with the older devices. Networking is something I know only a tiny smidgen about and really beyond my skillset. Might be it doesn't matter for all I know...damn I hate being uneducated at some things....
 Top of the page
mikey pizano Page Icon Posted 2015-10-18 4:00 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I have 3 routers setup so I will try them and see what happens.

It is not a laser sadly, so it uses the camera. I was planning to use it as a beer, wine and liquor inventory system but I can't seem to find any software for it... I wanted this for the keyboard really.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2015-10-18 5:55 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Try skimming through HKLM/SYSTEM/services for references to the dll and set its startup type to 0. If you cannot find it try disabling IPv6 from the services binding list in the network control panel properties.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-10-18 6:04 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Yeah, you need 2D imager software...and while there is a lot of it out there for CE, it is all pretty costly. I don't know if there are any freeware or not...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2015-10-18 7:14 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to Off Topic
 Top of the page
mikey pizano Page Icon Posted 2015-10-18 7:34 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

It has the software to scan them, but i haven't found any software to make use of what it scans from them!

I have it working on the Netgear router, so I think it was the Comcast one...

I need to figure out what is causing the touchscreen to not work when turned on after it has been sitting for a bit. I need to turn it off and then back on for it to work. I only have SPB Pocket Plus installed right now...
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-10-19 12:56 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

So when it does scan an item, how does it save the file/data afterwards...what type of format is the output file?
 Top of the page
mikey pizano Page Icon Posted 2015-10-19 9:27 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Text actually. I can have it place the text from code into anything I want, such as Excel.

I did narrow the issue with touchscreen down to being caused by SPB Pocket Plus.

Also, something I forgot to post... PICTURES!

http://imgur.com/a/LPEIO

Edited by mikey pizano 2015-10-19 9:28 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-10-19 10:54 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Nice...looks like new.
 Top of the page
mikey pizano Page Icon Posted 2015-10-20 12:58 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)