x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

I messed up my NEC 900C - help please

hlinsken Page Icon Posted 2016-01-03 12:48 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello All,

My name is Hugo Linskens and fairly new both to this forum and using the NEC900C.

I did something really stupid.

I bought a NEC900C from eBay and it had 4.20 .net running on it with boot loader 4.1. Then, I wanted to try the PC2000 and downloaded a RAM PC2000 OS from hpcmonex.net.
When trying to load the RAM image from CF card I pressed the wrong key combinations. Instead of R+F I used the C+F keys and it copied the RAM image successfully to ROM. So I now have a NEC900C with PC2000 in RAM. I don't have a boot loader anymore and whenever I have (to do) a hard reset, I need to load the RAM image from CF again and will loose all data. My NEC firmware shows P530 V6.0, PIC Firmware ID 4.19.7 and Bootloader <2.1

Does somebody know how to fix this to get a working boot loader again. I don't mind having to switch to another OS version again.

Kind regards,

Hugo Linskens
NL
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2016-01-03 1:45 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Download the stock firmware for either the 900C (CE.NET 4.2) or the firmware for the 900 (HPC2000) from this site. Reboot your Mobilepro from your CF card.

Now on the firmware file you downloaded, copy it to the CF card and run a program on there called "update". That should reinstall your OS to the 900(C) internal memory and install the bootloader as well. Afterwards, hard reset and it should boot like it did when it was new.

By the way, I can't think of any reason why you would want to stick with HPC2000, since you can run every program in CE.NET and a few more. And that includes the HPC2000 Office Suite...
 Top of the page
hlinsken Page Icon Posted 2016-01-05 10:06 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi Rich,

That doesn't seem to work. Once I hit the UPDATE, I get a blank screen that stays for ever. I see nothing happening. Waited for about 45 mins. When resetting the device it just shows the start screen and nothing boots.
Still able to load the HPC2000 RAM image though with the R=F keys held down when adding power to the device.
Any new suggestions? Your help is much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Hugo Linskens
 Top of the page
hlinsken Page Icon Posted 2016-01-05 12:50 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

UPDATE. Sorry, for some reason I now was able to copy the CENET4.2 stuff from CF to ROM by holding the CF keys when turning on the device. I am now back on CE.NET 4.2.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2016-01-05 1:59 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

At least you are up and running....
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9