x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

SOHOWARE 10Mbps Ethernet PCMCIA Card (ND5120-E) for Sale

Jake Page Icon Posted 2016-01-20 2:48 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
http://www.ebay.com/itm/120541589753?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&s...

As folks may have seen from my ad hoc woes post, I can't connect my Symbian3 phone to my J720.

However, for $9.99usd, this arrived today and it's my first foray into ethernet (just 15 years too late!).

The Soho uses a ROM driver, no extra software needed, and it works OOTB with both my CE 2.0 Casio A-22T and the CE 3.0 J720

I have a Netgear Wifi Extender, which plugs into any household outlet, and the extender comes with an ethernet plug. Not truly mobile, but mobile enough around the house, which, internet-wise, is as far as most H/PC's can go, given their WPA liabilities.

As of my post, seller has nine left, for anyone who's a dinosaur like myself.

Go ethernet,
Jaked
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2016-01-20 2:18 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Jake,

Have owned and used a Socket LP/E Ethernet card for more than a decade. But I paid nearly $100 bucks for it back then.

$10 and that includes shipping is a fantastic deal! Especially one that uses the built in NDIS drivers and doesn't require any software install.

Back in the "olden" days, it was indispensable when traveling as most hotels had an Ethernet connection built into the telephones you could plug into.

God I'm getting old....
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2016-01-20 3:37 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Even hookers have wifi accessibility these days, so ethernet/low-rent-motel isn't the necessary setup that it used to be

I'm hoping to solve my ad-hoc problems with Joikuspot with this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371513837789?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&s...

My forum searching tells me that the Cisco 350 (with older firmware) should be OOTB, and perhaps the J720 will properly connect to the Nokia E7.

The coolest thing about the Soho was its NIB. I took off the shrinkwrap and found 1.4 floppies for Windows 95 A and B. It brought back better times...

Jake
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2016-01-30 2:39 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

For posterity only: the Cisco 350 (OOTB, without firmware update) will not connect either Joikuspot or eZSpot. Try the NetGear MA-401 or 3Com 3CRWE62092B with eZSpot only.

The Cisco purchase well worth the 9.99usd NIB, nonetheless. Came in original wrapping with original Cisco shipping box. Fresh-smelling manual, drivers, I partied like it was 2001.

Jake
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8