x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Dlink DWL-650 Rev P1 in a IBM Workpad Z50

Hercule Page Icon Posted 2016-01-21 8:16 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Can anyone help geting this combination to work? I managed to find the driver and software for this card for Windows XP using a PRISMNDS.sys file as a driver.

Is it possible to get it working with Windows CE2.11 on my IBM Workpad Z50?

Can someone send me a driver file which I can place on a CompactFlash? Will this work or do I have to use Activesync?

I read an article on HPCFACTOR about compiling driver files, but I dont understand it. Can anyone help?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2016-01-21 10:50 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

If you will go to the hardware compatibility listing on this website (under support and tutorials at the top of this page) you will find the CE drivers for that card...it is under networking wireless cards...
 Top of the page
Hercule Page Icon Posted 2016-01-22 5:41 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks.
 Top of the page
Hercule Page Icon Posted 2016-05-15 9:32 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have downloaded the file but how do I install it. Do I install it on Windows XP and use activesync to copy over the application.
When I install the DWL-650 it asks for the name of the driver file. Where do I find this and will it find it or do I have to give the exact directory?
Is it possible to install the application on a CF card and insert this into my Z50 and run it from there?
Any help would be appreciated.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2016-05-16 2:05 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You run setup.exe on the XP PC and then install it on the z50 through ActiveSync. If the z50 then asks for a driver name after you insert the card, type in prismnds.
 Top of the page
Hercule Page Icon Posted 2016-05-16 11:52 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi. It did accept that but in the driver description it just says Dlink DWL-. Would you mind having a look at the driver you have listed for Windows CE2.11 for a DWL-650 Rev P and how it should be installed there is no readme file. Also if you look at the inflated zip file it contains various cab files for MIPS and ARM etc. How does it know which ones to use when I havn't told it what kind of Windows CE device it is? When I installed the package on my XP laptop it asked me to install the card but I want it to work on my IBM Z50 not my XP laptop. It did copy it across with activesync, but when I open the application iPRISMapplication on the Z50 it says cant find card although the power light appears on the DWL-650 card.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.148 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9