x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

I've had enough of Selling on eBay... and I want to vent in public

1 2
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2016-02-13 10:21 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I always used to believe that the seller should feedback first. Then I started realising that there was a direct correlation between these buyers taking the mick as soon as I had left feedback. If you don't feedback they wait until the last day of their "consumer rights" before making a complaint.
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2016-02-14 2:35 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

You guys listed a whole plenty of reasons for suing eBay (from my uneducated foreign PoV). Would you?

Edited by Alt Bass 2016-02-14 2:35 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2016-02-14 4:41 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Only as a second preference to burning my own money at the bottom of my garden on a cold winters day because I need warmth.

Utterly, utterly futile.

I'm half expecting to receive a C&D from their legal team because I said something "mean" about them above.
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2016-02-14 6:49 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Isn't Amazon an option for second-hand trading?
 Top of the page
stasheck Page Icon Posted 2016-02-24 8:50 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Wow, I'm appalled by how terrible selling on Ebay is. I also see that at least half of the problem is Paypal.

I never sold a thing on Ebay, I bought just a few. There is a similar, much more popular service in Poland: allegro.pl (they have some spinoffs for Czech and other countries, so I've heard). The main difference would be that Paypal is rarely supported - deals are closed either with direct bank transfer (which works across all Polish banks, within few hours, and is free 95% of the time); bank transfer using intermediary (takes few minutes, free 80% of the time - intermediary just has multiple banking accounts and is using those to settle transactions) or paying with CC using intermediary (so you actually use your CC # only within highly protected intermediary website). Because of that, Allegro can't hold funds and is forced to settle complains with input from both parties - as you may guess, there are situations where noone comes on top, but at least the process is much more bilateral. I didn't have a bad experience buying or selling within last 10 years or so.

Worth noting is that I always sell items solely with "Buy now" option enabled - I noticed that it's both much faster, and I get better prices this way. Bidding is not what it used to be back in the heyday, 15 years ago.
 Top of the page
Mobi Page Icon Posted 2016-02-24 5:02 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

stasheck - 2016-02-24 12:50 AM

Bidding is not what it used to be back in the heyday, 15 years ago.

I've noticed that too. I guess the auctions I'm interested in might not attract the most attention (a lot of retro tech and parts), but I've noticed over the last couple of years that I win auctions more and more often with a very low bid. I don't know how many things I've bought where the shipping was more than the item price. Not that I'm complaining....

Edited by Mobi 2016-02-24 5:03 PM
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10