x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

jab Page Icon Posted 2016-03-18 3:57 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I have just bought a new Margi Presenter cf card for my FEX21 having dowloaded the software from the supplied disk
i get the message card not inserted correctly. The software seems fine I have also tried a soft reset.
The though occured to me is the card getting the 5v it requires through the cf on this device no light is on.
I am going to try a pcmcia adapter has anyone else had this problem or have I got a faulty card?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2016-03-18 4:42 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I doubt the CF slot is your problem...I mean the Fex21 has a TypeII CF card slot and a pair of PC slots if I read correctly...

But it is always a good idea to try a PCMCIA adapter and see what happens. But if your normal memory card is working okay in the CF slot, then I would think the slot is working okay.

Did you install the software using an Activesync connection? If I remember, it seems that the Margi card had 3 parts to it...one was to install the drivers for the card, one was to install the Presenter to Go software and the other was Margi Mirror or something like that...
 Top of the page
jab Page Icon Posted 2016-03-19 8:25 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

HI
I installed all including presenter and mirror from the cd using activesync and it installed perfectly to the default location on the handheld.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2016-03-19 1:35 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I guess the next step would be to try the card in another handheld.
 Top of the page
jab Page Icon Posted 2016-03-28 10:38 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hi,
I have found one problem, my fault, card not pushed in far enough.
Now I get the following scenario

! the card is not recognised in the cf slot only in the pcmcia with case
2 pocket power point seems to recognise the card "send to lcd or presenter to go" choices available(not tried out though)
3 margi mirror-- Says" the ptg card is not installed correctly.Try removing & re-inserting the card or re-installing the driver"
I have tried reinstalling the software ptg.dll is in the windows folder also many soft resets I would really like to use the mirror for showing the sky program on a monitor.
What next?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2016-03-28 12:24 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Sometimes other installed software can conflict with an application. How about a hard reset and reinstall?

Otherwise, my useless advice would be to buy a Mobilepro which has a built in VGA output port and you wouldn't need the card at all.
 Top of the page
jab Page Icon Posted 2016-05-02 10:34 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

I have tried the card in another fex the software installs ok but the card does not install correctly!! tried many resets and have no other programs installed
Is there any other card that will work to give screen output not just power point
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2016-05-02 2:13 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Most all of them will give you a screen output of whatever the native resolution of the handheld is...they just won't give you an enhanced output. By this I mean the Colorgraphics Voyager PC card will display my HVGA screen of my handhelds on an external monitor at 640x240. But it will give me 800x600 if I use the special PowerPoint presentation software.

But without that software, it only shows what show on the normal screen.
 Top of the page
jab Page Icon Posted 2016-06-14 12:02 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hi,
After looking at the alternatives I would really like to use the Margi PTG card (I am sure other members would also).
Can someone help please.
Without the card inserted
I now know the drivers are not installed correctly.
Registry entries hkey/local machine/drivers/pcmcia
Margi-systemspresenter-to-go-0014
-Status
-app
Margi-systempresenter-to-go-F569
-status
-“fatal wndProc error”
 Top of the page
jab Page Icon Posted 2016-06-14 12:06 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hi ,
How can I send you the cab file to look at?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2016-06-14 6:53 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Since the card doesn't work in another Fex handheld, it makes me wonder if it is a bad card. Did you try it in any other handheld?
 Top of the page
jab Page Icon Posted 2016-06-14 8:57 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hi,
I have only got 2 fex21 hpc 2000 hpc's
The worry is the wndproc fatal error before the card is put in.
I also tried the drivers from the dell website incase my cd had faulty software.
No difference.
John
 Top of the page
jab Page Icon Posted 2016-08-07 8:43 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hi ,
LATEST UPDATE
Because I thought the CF card was faulty (using a pcmcia adaptor) I decided to buy another. I saw a PCMCIA version aviailable so I bought this (no sleeve reqd).
When I inserted this card using the same software v2.52 it installed correctly and worked !!! The model number is 20-2100 .The cf card was 20-2300. Then because I needed 2 I bought another CF card 20-2200 result the same as the first CF card (not correctly installed) I then tried another sleeve although the same make as the first "socket 8520-0027c result not installed correctly. So maybe a different chipset is used which is not completely compatible. Another thing I learnt using mirror was using the zoom the aspect ratio changed so as to make items a bit too tall.
So I thought NYDITOT was the answer but it does not change the aspect ratio only the screen size.
BUT USING NYDITOT 3.22 I LEARNT HOW TO USE IT BEYOND THE 7 DAY TRIAL PERIOD !! IF THE NVD320 FILE IN THE WINDOWS DIRECTORY IS DELETED TOWARDS THE END OF THE TRIAL PERIOD ANOTHER 7 DAY TRIAL STARTS WITHOUT HAVING TO DO ANY RESETS--THE PROGRAM THEN MAKES ANOTHER NVD320 FILE FOR YOU TO DELETE AGAIN i HOPE THIS BIT OF INFO HELPS SOMEBODY.
John
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 10