x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2016-04-16 6:14 PM
#
Hello, everybody!
I'm having a strange glitch with the file explorer in Windows Embedded CE 6.0, every time I delete a file, it simply reappers. No error messages. Deleting files with the command prompt or with TC works fine.
Does anybody else have this bug?
Thanks!!
 Top of the page
SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2016-04-18 5:52 PM
#
C'mon guys! Maybe just a tap in the dark?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2016-04-18 8:21 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Never had that happen to me ever, on any CE machine. Wonder what would happen if you deleted a file using Windows Explorer, and then immediately shut down? I mean is it possible it is being recovered from RAM or part of the firmware image, reloaded on a boot?

Wonder if deleting something on your device writes something to the registry that does not happen using TC.

So many devices, so many setups, so many registries, so many variables....and so many weirdo things
 Top of the page
SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2016-04-18 9:30 PM
#
Thanks for the reply I've noticed a few other things, the bug only occurs on files on the internet memory, but sometimes, when browsing, for example an SDHC card, no files appear at all! I can double click folders, and enter them, then I can see everything again
Yeah, there are so many variations of CE out there. . . It's also pretty bad that people think they can just pop a Windows CE installation CD in their laptop. . . a lot of misinformation is circulating out there, including the often said statement "Windows CE is based on Windows 95".
 Top of the page
SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2016-04-19 9:46 PM
#
Alright, I've installed an update on my HPC, now the issue seens to be gone
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 8