x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

SH3 Compatible CABs?

Nate the great Page Icon Posted 2016-04-17 3:58 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Does anyone know where I can find a source of install files and apps for an HP Jornada 690 with an SH3 CPU?

I'm getting back into HPCs after many years, and I have no compatible apps (well, I found Mobipocket, but that is it).

Help?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2016-04-17 5:09 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
Nate the great Page Icon Posted 2016-04-17 5:23 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

No offense, but that isn't very useful. The files aren't organized by CPU or by WinCE version.

I was hoping someone would remember a custom repository of sh3 compatible files.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2016-04-17 6:52 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

There is no simple answer Nate. A lot of CE apps written and designed for SH3 CE2 will run under CE2.11, CE3, ETC. Thanks to the author's design. Some SH3 apps written for HPCPRO will run under CE2, but not HPC2000. Some pocketpc CE2.11 apps run fine on some HPCs, but not others.

The SCL was a tremendous effort by a handful of us, over 1000 apps total. The design meant we only had to post info once rather than for each possible build.

And then when possible, we even posted just the cabs when most authors were still bundling their apps with Activesync as their only means of installation.

On top of that, some authors insisted that their programs stay as they originally created them for licensing reasons.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.148 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9