x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Wifi on the Mio C520

SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2016-05-24 1:49 PM
#
You may have heard that I've purchased a Mio C230 recently. It's a nice unit, but the screen is too small and it doesn't support SDIO wifi cards (or at least nobody has got them to work )

Therefore, I'm now browsing through Ebay, searching for a better unit.
I've found a really good offer, a C520.
However, I haven't found any clarification if it works with Wifi cards. It does work with SDIO, at least.

Does anybody know if it works with wifi cards (preferrably the Spectec SDW 821?)

Or should I rather purchase a C320?

Thank you, I would really appreciate a reply

Edited by SwizzleDude 2016-05-24 1:50 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2016-05-24 2:48 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I would always rather have a built in wifi than use a card which can break, get lost, or whatever...
 Top of the page
SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2016-05-24 6:06 PM
#
I know, I should have thought of that earlier, but I've already ordered a card.
 Top of the page
SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2016-05-24 7:29 PM
#
UPDATE: Change of plans, I've bought a C720, it was 14€ more, but it has a camera! And I have heard of people who had success in getting wifi to work!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2016-05-24 7:35 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

You must really want Windows CE. Imean you could have bought a 7 inch Android GPS with wifi and everything pretty cheap...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2016-05-25 2:51 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

We need to ship Rich off to an Android forum site where he'll be happier.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2016-05-25 9:21 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Arrrrgh!!!! I do love CE, I do love CE...yes I do, I really do...
 Top of the page
SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2016-05-25 1:35 PM
#
Haha Yes, I do love WinCE! I find it better than Android, in terms of hacking, writing programs for it, and generally just doing stuff the OEM didn't want you to do!
I tried to get involved at an Android forum, but it was infested with 12 year olds, trying to run Minecraft on everything. . .
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2017-08-01 11:23 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

The C320, C520, C720, etc. all work with Wifi. I used to use a Spectec Wifi card in my C320 until I lost it in the house somewhere. (yeah, it happens)

I recently purchased an Ambicom WL54-SDIO card for use with a Pocket PC but I have yet to test it on the Mio. I'm hoping it will work, though.

The Spectec Wifi card works out of the box if you have a version of Miopocket installed. I'm not sure about the Ambicom.
 Top of the page
SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2017-08-02 12:51 PM
#
TFGBD - 2017-08-01 11:23 PM

The C320, C520, C720, etc. all work with Wifi. I used to use a Spectec Wifi card in my C320 until I lost it in the house somewhere. (yeah, it happens)

I recently purchased an Ambicom WL54-SDIO card for use with a Pocket PC but I have yet to test it on the Mio. I'm hoping it will work, though.

The Spectec Wifi card works out of the box if you have a version of Miopocket installed. I'm not sure about the Ambicom.

Take a look at the date mate. Pretty old post and I've gotten it all working since. But thanks anyway
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2017-08-02 9:36 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Be nice to TFGBD, SwizzleDude - he's one of our old regulars just coming back to visit after a long hiatus. (A lot of our old regulars are still on "hiatus." )
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 8