x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Wifi on Netbook Pro

reipsadeus Page Icon Posted 2016-05-25 5:17 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I just received a Cisco Aironet 350 card in the mail. It installed fine on the netbook pro, now I am just trying to figure out how to get online with it. I downloaded Opera Mini, but when I type in a webpage it states that it is unavailable. What is the best web browser to use on the netbook pro? Am I missing something during the card setup and installation? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Much obliged for your time.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2016-05-25 9:24 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

You installed the software drivers too? Is the an icon in the control panel to enter you WEP keys? Or somewhere else?

There are many firmware versions of the card, so you may have to delete some of the 350 drivers and reinstall others to get it to work.
 Top of the page
reipsadeus Page Icon Posted 2016-05-25 1:29 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

There is an icon in the control panel that allows me to find my wifi network and enter in my WEP key. It shows that I am currently connected to my network with very high signal strength.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2016-05-25 1:57 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Does it connect with the built in IE, or is it only Opera that is not working?
 Top of the page
reipsadeus Page Icon Posted 2016-05-25 7:13 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

It will not work with the built in IE either. It claims that the website is offline everytime I enter an address.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2016-05-25 8:20 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Try a soft reset...
 Top of the page
reipsadeus Page Icon Posted 2016-05-25 8:29 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I tried that aswell. Should I try agin with the WiFi card ejected or inserted? Any other suggestions? I remember reading that getting this card to work was as simple as plugging it in. I feel like I must be missing something. I remember it took some time to get my Orinoco gold card working on the Jornada 720.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2016-05-25 9:11 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I think you need to find out what the firmware number is on your card first, then install that particular driver software...maybe even flash the card with the newest firmware.
 Top of the page
reipsadeus Page Icon Posted 2016-05-26 5:04 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

How would I go about doing as you suggest here?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2016-05-26 11:41 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

You need to download the flash firmware. It is normally an x86 program. So that means you need to find someone with an old laptop that you can insert the card into and then run the flash executable with the card in place and it will update it.

Some (few) CE wifi cards have programs that will allow you to flash new firmware via CE. If I remember correctly, the 350 may have that option. In that case you just run the program and locate the firmware on your HPC and run it. It will then update the firmware to the card.
 Top of the page
reipsadeus Page Icon Posted 2016-05-26 5:48 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I know I have an HP TC 1100 somewhere around here. Could you point me in the right direction of where to find these programs? Preferably I would love to just run the application from the netbook pro itself.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2016-05-26 8:26 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Have you checked the HCL here?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 51 - Executed queries : 28