x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Windows too big

SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2016-05-27 11:13 AM
#
Hi!
On my unlocked Mio C230 many windows appear too big and partly off screen, especially any open/save file dialogues. This is very annoying
Does anybody know how to fix that?
Thanks!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2016-05-27 1:29 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

With a native screen resolution of only 320x272, you are kind of stuck with it. You are just going to have to scroll or drag the window...

Try using Winwatch or Floatme.
 Top of the page
SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2016-05-27 4:07 PM
#
It's less, 320x240 But oh well, I'll have to deal with it.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2016-05-27 8:17 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The trouble with WinWatch, Rich, is that it is designed for devices with keyboards. There's no way to connect an external keyboard to one of these GPS devices with no USB host or Bluetooth capabilities.

Unfortunately, FloatMe won't work on dialog boxes like "Open," "Save As," etc. Not having a title bar on those dialogs means part of each one is off the screen every time. Display rotation apps may help a little. The Miopocket bundle has a couple, and there are others as well, like the tray-based one below. Keep Screen Readable may help as well -

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=17093&po...

- though again it only works on apps and not on dialog boxes.

I believe dialog boxes are part of the CoreDll module in CE 5 and 6, and thus controlled by coredll.dll. I've never been able to get any alternate coredll.dll to work with any app on any CE 6 device (which I've tried to do because some apps [including that nice tool Executability Check] error out in CE 6 as soon as they try to open the "Open" dialog). You could try putting an alternate coredll.dll (renamed to something else, like coredl2.dll) somewhere on the device and hexediting the app to call for it, but I wouldn't get my hopes up since I haven't succeeded with this thus far in CE 5 either. (In CE 5 the offending apps don't error out, but merely open and close the dialog box within a fraction of a second. But I've noticed that some of those dialog boxes appear to be full-screen, which suggests they may adapt to the display size if we can just get one to open and stay open long enough to use it.)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments RotScr.exe (6KB - 1 downloads)
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2016-05-27 8:49 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Duh...so true CEGeek...duh on me.
 Top of the page
SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2016-05-28 5:58 AM
#
Well, I just popped all DLLs from Miopockets CE5 folder into my \Windows folder, rebooted, and bam!
All open / save windows are exactly fine!
I can now also hold my stylus pressed to perform a right click.
This is amazing, thank you so much!!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2016-05-28 7:57 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

As per usual, I solve the problem by accident.

I thought the Mio GPS devices, like most other PNAs, don't retain copied/installed files in \Windows. (Duh on me this time. )
 Top of the page
SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2016-05-28 8:10 AM
#
Well, I'm happy to prove you wrong there! It does in fact retain files in \Windows
There's just one 'lil problem, no biggy, it doesn't open a context menu upon holding ALT and tapping an item, nor does it when I hold my stylus on the screen and these little dots circle around (on my Sylvania CE 6 netbook it does open a context menu).
 Top of the page
SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2016-05-29 1:16 PM
#
Does anybody know which DLL or executable, or maybe registry entry the context menu is addressed?
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2017-08-07 2:41 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

In CE 5.0, the file dialogs were moved to ceshell.dll (the explorer shell). It is true that they are in coredll.dll in CE 4.2 and earlier, though. Though, on standard platforms like the Pocket PC and Handheld PC, they are stored in the shell as well. If no shell is running or it crashes, there are no file dialogs on H/PC 2000.

Anyway, resizing them is pretty easy. You can use the desktop Windows application Reshacker to resize the dialogs in ceshell.dll or coredll.dll. Now, you may think this is an issue since these are ROM files. You can easily patch them in RAM with .mui files. Just edit the resources in a version appropriate .mui file, place it into \Windows (or whereever) and you are good to go. I was thinking of making a better unlock than MioPocket by using this method when I get the time. If you wish to generate .mui files for your OS version, you will need to use Platform Builder.

ExecutabilityCheck doesn't display the open dialog in CE 5.0 or later if you run it from the exe. You need to pass a \ to it on the command line. For example, in Run type: "ExecutabilityCheck.exe" \ and you should be good to go provided your OS implementation supports the program in the first place.

Edited by TFGBD 2017-08-07 2:44 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 47 - Executed queries : 25