x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

IE and certificate warnings

SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2016-07-12 9:45 PM
#
Hey all!
My unlocked TV sat receiver, which runs on CE 5 MIPS, doesn't support any web browser apart from IE, or at least when I tried to get any others to run.
IE for Windows CE is actually a pretty nice web browser, the only thing that really annoys me are the CONSTANT security warning popups. I tried importing updated certs into my device, and setting the exact right time, but they still keep reappearing!!
Is there maybe another way to disable them?
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2016-07-13 1:05 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I don't remember too well, but I remember certificate warnings pop up when the system's clock isn't set right.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but you might want to check that just in case.

Edited by stingraze 2016-07-13 1:07 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2016-07-13 3:05 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You mean if it's not synched to Internet time, stingraze? There is one time sync app that might work, since it requires .NET CF 2.0 and is thus not processor-specific:

http://qsot.net/gtimesync/download.php
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2016-07-13 9:22 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Actually I'm fuzzy about how much time gap to the real time (internet time) there should be to cause certificate errors, but I remember when the time wasn't set up right, it caused those pop ups.

Thanks for the app tip. I might try it on my Sigmarion 3 if it works or not...

Edited by stingraze 2016-07-13 9:22 AM
 Top of the page
SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2016-07-13 11:55 AM
#
Thanks for the link, but upon trying to run it (it installs just fine) it gives me a .NET CF error message.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2016-07-14 2:42 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

It may need some auxiliary .NET CF files. Usually in that case it tells you which one is missing. What does the error message say?

stingraze, for ARM devices there's a C++-based alternative, SPTimeSync, which I've just added to the SCL:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/details.asp?id=1036

The Web site says that it requires CE 4.2 or better, but the OS version on the file itself is identified as CE 4.1.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2016-07-14 8:54 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Thanks CE Geek,

SPTimeSync worked on Windows CE .NET 4.1 as you said. :-)
It also correctly connected to the time server and successfully changed time.

I've attached a pic of MSN Japan loading fine on IE of Sigmarion 3.
Twitter didn't work with Windows CE .NET 4.1's IE, nor did Google. (It connected but tried to download file instead of browsing it).

Edited by stingraze 2016-07-14 9:15 AM

(sig3-msn-jp.jpg)

(sp-timesync.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments sig3-msn-jp.jpg (18KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments sp-timesync.jpg (77KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2016-07-14 5:12 PM
#
stingraze - 2016-07-14 8:54 AM

Twitter didn't work with Windows CE .NET 4.1's IE, nor did Google. (It connected but tried to download file instead of browsing it).

I had that exact problem too, you need to change your user agent to Windows XP (Windows NT 5.1)
 Top of the page
SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2016-07-14 5:19 PM
#
SP TimeSync works fine for me. It doesn't fix the certificate errors for me, does it for anbody else?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2016-07-14 5:54 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

When visiting some websites using my HP thin client, I would get those errors as well. Over and over and over and over....

And that was using IE6 on CE 6.0 r2. Since there was no CE X86 alternative web browser there was nothing I could do about it except avoid those websites.

I think another factor that adds to the problem was the lack of memory to render those pages too.
 Top of the page
SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2016-07-14 5:58 PM
#
Yes, very frustrating indeed. Isn't there a way to disable cert checks from the registry, as seen in desktop versions of Windows? :think:
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.210 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 9