x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Compaq C140 (Cassiopeia A11) Power Adapter

pacmania1982 Page Icon Posted 2016-07-20 5:39 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi all:

I'm hoping someone still logs onto here and reads this.

A while ago, I purchased a Compaq C140 from the US and got it shipped to the UK. The device didn't come with an AC adapter and there appears to be no where to plug one in. More recently, I purchased another C140 from the US but this time it came with an AC adapter, a 'dock' and a serial cable. The reason I purchased another one was this one came with Windows CE 2.0 and I've always liked the idea of CE 2.0 at 480x240. CE 2.0 at 480x240 is rare from, what I've found.

Unfortunately, when it arrived, I found out that actually the unit was a C120++. I tried the AC adapter with the dock in the 'new' C120++ but it didn't provide any power. I used the C120++ AC adapter with my Japanese A51 and the charging light came on. I then tried the AC adapter and dock with my C140 but again, no power to the unit. I then tried the AC adapter that came with the Japanese A51 with both C120++ and C140 but no power is delivered to either device.

Is the dock dead? Or does anyone know if there is a specific dock that only works with Compaq devices? Or should this dock work with both Casio and Compaq branded devices as they are identical machines?

Thanks in advance!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2016-07-21 1:15 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

If I remember correctly, you must have batteries inserted in the handheld for the light on the dock to come on and work.
 Top of the page
pacmania1982 Page Icon Posted 2016-07-29 1:56 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Great thanks! I'll give it a try tonight.

Turns out the guy I bought it from doesn't want it back and has given me a refund.

pac

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 52 - Executed queries : 17