x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Questions about Jointech JE100 WinCE 5.0 tablet

Tincho Page Icon Posted 2016-08-23 12:29 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi.

It's been a while since I've posted here. You didn't miss me, did you?

I'm considering buying this tablet used (more pics here) but before making up my mind I have a few questions:

1. Does anyone have this tablet? Would you recommend it if it's at a reasonable price?
2. Is it compatible with external USB keyboards? I plan to use it with one of those flip covers with keyboard designed for tablets.
3. How do you install apps on this thing? Do you need to install from .CAB files from a PC?

Thanks in advance.
 Top of the page
SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2016-08-23 1:24 PM
#
I don't own this tablet, but judging from its specs it looks fairly decent. Apps are either installed by double tapping a .cab file on your tablet, obtaining the exe file, or by syncing with a host PC (which is a pain in the @$$ )
You should definitly use Opera Mini for web browsing, it's slick and fast.

However, please remember that Windows CE is not at all related to other Windows version, normal PC programs will not work ! Software you want to run has to be writte for Windows CE!

Hope that helped :3

Edited by SwizzleDude 2016-08-23 1:25 PM
 Top of the page
Tincho Page Icon Posted 2016-08-23 2:21 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

SwizzleDude - 2016-08-23 9:24 AM

I don't own this tablet, but judging from its specs it looks fairly decent. Apps are either installed by double tapping a .cab file on your tablet, obtaining the exe file, or by syncing with a host PC (which is a pain in the @$$ )
You should definitly use Opera Mini for web browsing, it's slick and fast.

However, please remember that Windows CE is not at all related to other Windows version, normal PC programs will not work ! Software you want to run has to be writte for Windows CE!

Hope that helped :3

Thanks. I already had a WinCE (6.0) device (a cheapo Chinese 10" "smartbook" ). That device could not be sync'd (no serial port; USB cables would not work, neither would the network cable for syncing). I could only install from zipped files that could be unzipped and didn't need installation. Any program with an installer would not work (I don't remember the exact error message). So that device was pretty useless and I ended up flashing Android 1.6 on it.

I know it uses different apps (I always knew that - it's not an x86 device and the OS is different)

Thanks again for your input.
 Top of the page
SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2016-08-23 2:55 PM
#
No problem please tell me if you have a problem with installing cab files on your new tab, that problem is usually easily solved.

Yeah, those El Cheapo "smartbooks" (I have one too) seriously hurt Windows CEs reputation, as the vendors used mutilated versions. That is a shame, as CE is a realy good OS!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2016-08-24 12:44 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The JE100 is a nice little tablet. I have one:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=16569

A USB keyboard should work through the mini-USB host port. So should an RT2501- or RT2870-based USB WiFi adapter, though I haven't tried one yet.
 Top of the page
Tincho Page Icon Posted 2016-08-24 12:01 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

CE Geek - 2016-08-23 8:44 PM

A USB keyboard should work through the mini-USB host port. So should an RT2501- or RT2870-based USB WiFi adapter, though I haven't tried one yet.

Thanks a lot. Unfortunately I'll give up. The seller won't take credit card payments.
 Top of the page
SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2016-08-24 8:04 PM
#
Tincho - 2016-08-24 12:01 PM

CE Geek - 2016-08-23 8:44 PM

Thanks a lot. Unfortunately I'll give up. The seller won't take credit card payments.

hmm, that's a shame.

@CE Geek: Could you possibly pull your explorer.exe off your tab and send it here? Sorry if I'm bothering you, but having a natively skinned taskbar seems really cool

Edited by SwizzleDude 2016-08-24 8:04 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2016-08-25 5:10 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

No, it's copy-protected. Besides, you'll need more than just that file. You can create a taskbar skin like that with WisBar. Here's an example:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=9392&sta...
 Top of the page
SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2016-08-26 8:41 AM
#
CE Geek - 2016-08-25 5:10 AM

No, it's copy-protected. Besides, you'll need more than just that file. You can create a taskbar skin like that with WisBar. Here's an example:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=9392&sta...

That's a pity. But oh well, not that bad.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9