x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Windows 10 Pocket PC

1 2
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2016-10-23 10:23 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

stingraze - 2016-10-23 3:14 PM

I hear in the web that chatbots are to be the new UI.

Is it too rude to say that chatbots are for retards?
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2016-10-24 2:16 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

lol! :-) You're probably right.
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2016-10-24 1:20 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I have occasionally used few sites with chatbot function: a small window appears in the bottom of the page with some smiling avatar there and "message" like "Hi! I am willing to help you! What's your problem?" Then, whatever I write here, the reply is: "Please enter your phone number and e-mail so that we can contact you!" Could have told that in the beginning! Russian reality is warped.

Is is more complex to check the data entered into chatbot and probably it is much harder to fix errors if I find any. GUI is established with many kinds of elements like buttons, lists, back/forward navigation and others, chatbots will need to emulate all of that with text.

Edited by Alt Bass 2016-10-24 1:22 PM
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2016-10-25 2:06 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

If you use Slack (http://www.slack.com) it's quite useful to be able to talk to chatbots and pull out information in chat.
I was using it when I was programming for a startup. It makes things quite interesting, but it's more like a Q&A information retrieval...

Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8