x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

be300.org is dead :(

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Next »
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2017-10-26 8:13 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

A postscript on the .NET Compact Framework on the BE-300: perhaps because of the device's file structure, it does not seem to want to make .NET CF 1.0 work. I've tried it with no success thus far. But, interestingly, the ported versions for CE 2.0 and CE 2.11 do work. (You have to install the files and registry entries to enable CAB installation, if using the native Top Menu, in order to install it.) A BE-300 user named uroman originally reported success with it on be300.org (as well as on the Codeplex page where it was introduced) not long after that release. I've confirmed it myself recently, but it does require that aygshell.dll be placed in the "Patch" folder to copy into \Windows on boot (since the file isn't natively on the device), or else the apps won't load. And even then you have to use the right version in order for the menu bar to be created properly - and even then it sometimes ignores your menu selections. (Dic's versions - 22k and 25k in size - seem to be the only ones that work at all.)
 Top of the page
RLS89ZX Page Icon Posted 2017-11-22 8:22 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

sucks for me, because I recently bought a Casio BE300 HPC for a buck at a thirft store. I also bought a Cassiopeia USB Cradle on ebay, waiting to deliver to me, so I can finally be able to use my be300. I am very new to this hackable PDA.
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2017-11-22 2:43 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Congrats RLS89ZX, they're great little things. The only gripe I had with mine, was the back light. I don't know why, but I could hardly look at it before it made me go cross eye and give me a headache! But there is tons of info out here on Google about the BE300, as well as here on the forums (and tons of help to be had too).
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2017-11-22 8:54 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I've already done a lot of the Googling myself, HPC:Fan, as can be seen by my previous comments. As I've pointed out, most of the sites are closed and/or their domains sold, and not all pages have been archived into the Wayback Machine. I did do a little more searching recently, though, and found that one of our members here (nichostetler) had a BE-300 forum site as well:

http://nichoscubs.proboards.com/

Not much there though, either, and Nic hasn't visited us here for quite some time now.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2017-11-22 9:59 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I guess CE Geek knows this already by I just found out about BeShell via the forum CE Geek mentioned, a Russian Shell that makes BE-300 look more modern / Win XP like.

http://tvthemeguy.tripod.com/beshell.htm

Pretty cool, I wonder if it works with CASSIOPEIA l'agenda BE-500. That can be bought very cheaply here.

Edited by stingraze 2017-11-22 10:03 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2017-11-23 12:19 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

There's supposed to be a way to reflash a BE-500 into a BE-300. (A normal reflash won't work - it produces an error message.) But I don't know if the necessary files are still available online anywhere. I wouldn't mind being able to do this since the BE-500 actually looks cooler than the BE-300, with a light-colored case instead of a black one. (I've even seen images on the Web of some with other colors.) But the BE-500 is of course impossible to find in the US since it was only distributed in Japan.

BeShell does have a lot of cool skins, many of which don't resemble either the Windows or Pocket PC 2002 interface. And there's an alternative Today layout that just shows appointments and tasks, and I think it's supposed to support showing appointments over a multiday period, since that layout spaces the two out much more on the screen. But I haven't been able to figure out how to enable multiple appointments on that screen. There's also a partial shell called BeSkin that can overlay the Bee interface (I haven't gotten it working with any other core CE-based shells, and archived pages of the original Bee site - http://www.bee.zmoz.com - show a post by Dic suggesting that he wrote it specifically for Bee), but it's missing some features (like its own Start Menu), and I haven't been able to get appointments and tasks to show on it, which is kinda weird since even the fake Today screen written by CButters for EpodXP supports displaying those.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2017-11-25 9:34 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Cool.

I just purchased a BE-500 with dead battery on Yahoo Auction Japan.
It should come in a few days, it will be fun to do some development or mod for this device. :-)

Thanks for hard to get information.

-stingraze

Edited by stingraze 2017-11-25 9:34 AM
 Top of the page
RLS89ZX Page Icon Posted 2017-11-25 10:41 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I just got my Casio JK-516CR USB cradle for my BE300 today. Even though it works, when I connect my BE300 via the USB Cradle to my Linux Mint PC using PC Connect under WINE (which enables Windows Programs to be used on Linux, BSD, etc.) it keeps telling that my Cassiopeia is not connected to PC when in fact it is. Shucks, doesisn't it?
 Top of the page
RLS89ZX Page Icon Posted 2017-11-25 10:44 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

The current roblem is that my BE300 is password locked, I know nothing of the password, and I'm trying to figure out how to hack and flash my BE300.
Can anyone help me, please, Is there any open source software for using the BE300 with Linux in mind, since I use Linux Mint.
 Top of the page
RLS89ZX Page Icon Posted 2017-11-25 11:03 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Can ayone help me with being able to access my BE300 from Linux?
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2017-11-26 4:40 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I think you will need to hard reset the BE-300's password from the device itself, not from Linux MINT.

This might help you in how to do it.
http://www.hard-reset.com/casio-be-300-hard-reset.html
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2017-11-26 9:19 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

That won't do it, stingraze - you have to reflash the device with a backup file, either from a Windows PC using PC Connect (using a file named backup.bin), or from a CF card inserted in the device (using a file named backup.dat placed in \Storage Card\My Documents\Backup). RLS89ZX will have to use the latter method. Here's how to do it:

1) Download the ZIP file below, and extract it to the root directory of a CF card. (The file backup.dat is already inside the folder hieracrchy \My Documents\Backup in the ZIP file, so you don't have to create those folders on the CF card before copying it over.)

2) Place the CF card in the slot in the BE-300.

3) While holding down the OK button (the second from the left) on the BE-300, press the stylus tip into the reset hole on the left side of the BE-300. Don't release the OK button until after you release the reset button. You will now see a small window with a red border. Press the OK button by itself.

4) After calibrating the stylus as instructed, you will be asked where you want to restore from. Tap on the Storage Card button. On the next screen, tap OK.

The BE-300 will now install the backup file, after which it will automatically soft reset. Once this is completed, you will have access to Top Menu without needing a password.

Attachments
----------------
Attachments My Documents.zip (6684KB - 4 downloads)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2017-11-26 11:10 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

RLS89ZX, sometimes it takes a little time for PC Connect to connect. I always open PC Connect before plugging the cradle into the USB port, and then I wait about a minute (watching for the cursor to turn into an hourglass) before trying to do anything. You also have to make sure that neither ActiveSync file (wcescomm.exe and WCESMgr.exe) is running at the same time as PC Connect, if you have ActiveSync installed to run in WINE as well.

BTW, I found out that the fake Today screen that CButters included in EpodXP is actually a standalone skin of KCmenu written for EpodXP, kinda like what I mentioned earlier for the Bee interface. I also found a really cool-looking Windows XP skin for the full KCmenu interface. It even has a Start Menu that looks exactly like the XP one.
 Top of the page
RLS89ZX Page Icon Posted 2017-11-26 8:41 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

CE Geek, thank you so much for your help, but I'm now encountered with another password problem when trying to restore from a backup file, and I dont even know that password either. I will need your help again, CE Geek.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2017-11-26 8:56 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You shouldn't need a password. Just tap OK as I mentioned in step 4 above.
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 10