x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

be300.org is dead :(

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Next »
RLS89ZX Page Icon Posted 2017-11-27 12:53 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

This what I got got instead:
"Restore data from the backup file you created on a storage card. Data restore takes a few minutes to complete. Do you want to continue with the data restore operation?"
"Yes/No"
Every time I click "Yes," I always get this message:
"This backup file was not created with this device. It cannot be used to restore data to this device."
It does not have OK option to click, sorry, I really need your help.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2017-11-27 2:27 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

This is a problem that occurs sometimes with CF backup files. It is possible to restore a CF backup from another BE-300, though it's apparently hit-and-miss with some restore files on some devices, depending on what's in the backup file and what's already installed on the device. I've replaced the attachment (My Documents.zip) on the last page with another backup file. This one is for BeShell 0.9.8. I've tested it and found it to restore properly, so it should work for you. (You're correct about the choices being "yes" or "no" - I was recalling from memory.)

Also, did you try what I suggested about connecting via PC Connect?
 Top of the page
RLS89ZX Page Icon Posted 2017-11-27 9:31 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have bad news for you, CE Geek, the updated file download link only leads to a "File Not Found" error page. Also, remember that I only have ONE BE300.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2017-11-27 9:42 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

That wasn't my point. The backup was not from your BE-300. If you had more than one, you'd be able to solve this on your own.

I'm not sure what's going on with the attachment. PM me with your e-mail address (click on the PM button at the bottom of this post) and I'll send it to you.
 Top of the page
RLS89ZX Page Icon Posted 2017-11-28 7:55 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thank you so much, CE Geek, for helping me restore my BE300 Pocket. Now how do I install software on my BE300 via only the CF Card, since my PC Connect doesn't recognise my Cassiopeia under Wine on my Linux Mint?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2017-11-29 4:24 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

BeShell includes the files and registry settings to enable installation from CAB files (good since it's hard nowadays to find the .cbea files that the BE-300 recognizes natively). In case that's unfamiliar to you, check here:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0047.asp

You can browse the CF card on the device with GSFinder to find and execute CAB files you've placed there.

BTW, which version of PC Connect have you been trying? Most of the old BE-300 sites recommended version 1.01.05.
 Top of the page
RLS89ZX Page Icon Posted 2017-11-29 11:43 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I just realise that I no longer need that USB Cradle, so I might sell it on ebay. besides, do you all the hard to find BE300 games, apps, etc + source code that you can send to me?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2017-11-30 1:36 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I don't have any source code for any games. I never had much interest in the games that were natively compatible with the BE-300. (There weren't many to begin with.)
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2017-12-04 10:02 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

I recently bought a total of 2x BE-500, and they arrived safely at my house.

Both works, one with dead battery. I don't know how much the battery of the other one lasts.
I will post some photos of the two devices (different colors) and see if I can run something useful on them.

I will also try to put Japanese BE-500 apps on my server that might get lost in the future.
(Maybe I can find some old development articles / homepage about BE-500)

-stingraze

Edited by stingraze 2017-12-04 10:03 AM
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2017-12-05 1:45 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Here's photo of the BE-500 in 2017! haha

(be500.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments be500.JPG (93KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2017-12-05 7:57 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Looks like a BE-300 on the right - or was the standard BE-300 black case an option for the BE-500 too? Or did you find out how to convert a BE-300 into a BE-500? (You gotta admit the lighter shade of the BE-500 looks a lot cooler, don't it? )
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2017-12-05 8:27 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Hmm... I purchased from Yahoo Auction Japan, both that were listed as BE-500.
Yeah, the silver one looks cooler.

There were 3 colors to BE-500, black, silver and cobalt blue.

I'm not sure about the black case being an option for the BE-500 or not.

btw. here's an old web article about the BE-500 on ASCII.jp
http://ascii.jp/elem/000/000/326/326064/index.html

According to ASCII.jp, the cobalt blue was a limited edition version.

Update: Check this out: BE-500 connected to arduino!
http://powder4u.hatenablog.com/entry/2013/12/15/200849

Edited by stingraze 2017-12-05 8:35 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2017-12-06 1:12 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

So black was an option for the BE-500. I've seen the cobalt blue on a Japanese Web page or two. Maybe that's where the "Cobalt Edition" name for the final release of the Bee interface came from. (BTW, I snagged a BE-300 with Bee 2.0, one of the predecessors of Cobalt, on eBay several days ago and was able to make a backup of it. I actually like the non-Cobalt layout, though it's a little more of a memory hog, so I had to move a bunch of apps from the internal NAND storage to the CF card to open up some elbow room for other files I needed to put there. On the other hand, the applet for toggling between PC Connect and ActiveSync works flawlessly in Bee 2.0 even though the exact same applet has never worked properly [for me at least] in Cobalt Edition. [Ah, the joy of solving puzzles . . . ])
 Top of the page
kiwa Page Icon Posted 2018-01-10 11:13 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi, i am planning to get a BE-300 again (i used to have one back then) i have a ton of files and random stuff for the thing, maybe is anyone interested? i can post a screenshot of the files.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2018-01-11 12:44 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Do you have any backup files that you downloaded (either .bin or .dat)? I have the backup files for most of the different shells as I mentioned above, but not for all of them.
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.241 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 11