x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Hooray, screwed up my smartbook

SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2017-04-01 7:41 PM
#
I was feeling super clever and took apart my CE6 Sylvania smartbook. I put it together again, and there's simply a black screen.
When I move around the LCD ribbon, occasionally the screen goes white or shows a distorted image of the CE desktop. The unit works fine except the screen.

What do you fellas think? Should I just order a new screen, or should I buy another smartbook and use its parts to fix it?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2017-04-01 8:37 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Sounds like the cable is not seated properly. You may not need any spare parts at all. I'd suggest that you open it up again and try manipulating the end of the cable with the plastic clamp loose to see if you can find a good display.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2017-04-02 8:33 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Or you've trapped, nicked or damaged the flexi-PCB. They are extremely difficult to repair if that is the case, sadly.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2017-04-02 10:26 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

How much is the Sylvania smartbook these days?

If it's not too expensive, I'd buy a new one and keep the old one for spare parts.
That's what I did with my Sony Tablet P, which I dropped and took apart but couldn't fix.

Top of the page
SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2017-04-02 8:41 PM
#
stingraze - 2017-04-02 10:26 AM

How much is the Sylvania smartbook these days?

If it's not too expensive, I'd buy a new one and keep the old one for spare parts.
That's what I did with my Sony Tablet P, which I dropped and took apart but couldn't fix.

pretty variable, I've seen them on Ebay in a 15-120$ price range. Yeah, I might just grab one and use it for parts
 Top of the page
SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2017-04-02 8:42 PM
#
C:Amie - 2017-04-02 8:33 AM

Or you've trapped, nicked or damaged the flexi-PCB. They are extremely difficult to repair if that is the case, sadly.

That's probably the issue. I've got it to work for two more times until it finally blacked out, I bent it in a terrible angle. Well, at least I've learnt something new now
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8