x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

difficult to install .exe software on 728

marcmira Page Icon Posted 2017-04-13 4:58 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi everyone!

I revive an jornada 728 (gift lost in digital catacumbs, i love that machines ), bought batteries, stylus, found a cf card (16MB, smaller), cr2023 battery. (later i post a photo)

My 728 dont have a craddle, i manually select cab files and execute directly on handheld, in searches found a lot of software, and start some difficulties.

1= softwares like redgear for exemple came in .exe , if put directly and execute, error: "that software is not compatible, CE valid", have a software or a procedure that make possible convert .exe in cab format to install on 728?

2= I won a wireless card, sl2511 cdplus (senao), i wrote to senao asking for a ce driver, until now (4 days) , no responses, here in HCL, that senao card mentionates its compatible, theres a alternative driver to install that hardware, or other form to install?

Thanks for attention.

Edited by marcmira 2017-04-13 5:02 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2017-04-13 5:51 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

1) That .exe file is a desktop installer. You run it on your PC to create the CAB file you need.

2) Unless I'm mistaken, that card uses the standard Prism 2.5 chipset. Try the Windows CE 3.00 drivers on this page:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0028.asp
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2017-04-13 9:07 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
marcmira Page Icon Posted 2017-04-16 6:06 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for responses, but i dont advance much:
I dont know if i doing a lot of mistakes:

I try to download prism software, same problem, exe file dont compatible with jornada, i move it by cf reader, execute and error.
I try manually copy only .cab file and execute directly on handhel, error, saying thats not possible.

I'm lost, i have to install activesync to extract cab from exe?

thaks
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2017-04-16 10:37 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

marcmira - 2017-04-16 10:06 AM
I'm lost, i have to install activesync to extract cab from exe?

Yes.
 Top of the page
marcmira Page Icon Posted 2017-04-17 6:59 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

CE Geek - 2017-04-16 5:37 PM

Yes.

Dont work

I installed activesync on my computer, and i cannot bypass the wizard (i dont have cables or craddle, only the handheld and a cf adapter plugged on a usb to copy files to cf card), had another form to solve?

Thanks

Edited by marcmira 2017-04-17 7:00 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2017-04-18 7:18 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You don't bypass the wizard, you go ahead and run it to generate the CAB files (usually in C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\). The 728 doesn't have to be connected.
 Top of the page
marcmira Page Icon Posted 2017-04-27 12:06 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

feedback time:

Finally i install prism drivers, i have to create a vm with windows to manually fish cabs, redgear installed too.

had a "dialer" to find my network and try to connect ? almost on web...lol

thanks

Top of the page
marcmira Page Icon Posted 2017-05-04 3:16 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I stiil have difficulties, solve the point about wificard be installed, but i dont know how to connect, i tried ministumbler, he locate my wap, but no appear a box to input a passowrd and connect for example, in network properties dhcp.

Had another way to make this 728 connect and try to open a website?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2017-05-04 5:16 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to Handheld PC 2000

Usually, installing the driver also installs a wizard that can walk you through that process. Does a new icon appear in the system tray (lower right-hand corner, next to the clock) after the card is inserted? If so, tapping on that should open up a connection wizard.
 Top of the page
marcmira Page Icon Posted 2017-05-07 10:53 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

CE Geek - 2017-05-04 12:16 AM

Moved to Handheld PC 2000

Usually, installing the driver also installs a wizard that can walk you through that process. Does a new icon appear in the system tray (lower right-hand corner, next to the clock) after the card is inserted? If so, tapping on that should open up a connection wizard.

Exactly, came prismcfg, and i was expecting thar wizard asking for wtat wap you want, insert password, , i posted prints os prismcfg here:

http://pt-br.tinypic.com/a/aadq4y/4

he detects oscilating a signal, but i dont know to "talk" with him, "i want that wap and password", in encryption, wep options are disabled, when choose alpha or hexa, my pass is bigger than options.

Regards
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2017-05-08 4:41 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You pretty much just aren't going to get WPA working on HPC2000 http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0029.asp
You can drop security down to WEP, but you'll need to use a HEX encoded fixed length standard key instead of a passphrase. These are either 13 or 26 HEX characters not passwords.
 Top of the page
marcmira Page Icon Posted 2017-07-04 12:28 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

First let say thanks to c:amie, ce geek, .

I made this guy connect: hooray, but it's unsafely mantain my wifi on wep, but now i will try jlime, i will download the file, buy a larger cf and fun.

i dont know if my wifi card will work, only testing.

regards
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 9