x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Zypad WL1500: Software needed!

1 2
Mister_Argent Page Icon Posted 2017-06-01 4:47 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

So, I've got myself a Zypad WL1500 wearable running CE 6.0. It's packing a Marvell PXA320 - And i can't tell what architecture that'd be filed under on the software repository. I was thinking ARM or STRONGARM, but nothing runs and there doesn't seem to be an XSCALE tag - does anyone know of anything cool that'd run on a WinCE device that uses a XSCALE CPU with a 320x240 screen?

I managed to snag a copy of Firefox for WinCE and it installed, but it doesn't run - just erroring out on launch. Most other software i've tried does too.

Edited by Mister_Argent 2017-06-01 4:50 AM
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2017-06-01 2:14 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Maybe these links will help you:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10959134/why-simple-console-app-...
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10908318/which-cpu-configuration...

After skimming through the first link, it seems you're missing dll(s) for Windows CE 6.0.

Edited by stingraze 2017-06-01 2:15 PM
 Top of the page
Mister_Argent Page Icon Posted 2017-06-02 2:43 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Weirdly, the DLL alluded to in their post was present...gonna try replacing it with a up to date version.

EDIT: I...bootlooped it. The manual has jack for information on how to factory reset, to add insult to injury.

EDIT 2: got it going again.

Edited by Mister_Argent 2017-06-02 3:33 AM
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2017-06-02 3:35 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Good luck!

Let us know if you get any of the apps to work!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2017-06-02 7:07 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Cool-looking device. I've been looking at a similar one, the Symbol/Motorola/Zebra WT41, running Windows Embedded Compact 7. Most sellers are asking ridiculous prices for these.
 Top of the page
Mister_Argent Page Icon Posted 2017-06-02 4:21 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks! yeah, it took me years to find one at a reasonable price. Decomissioned server kit like Xeon X5650s are cheap, but decommissioned scanners and the like seem to stay absurdly expensive...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2017-06-02 10:48 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I was watching one eBay auction the other day for the Leica CS20 (which also runs WEC 7), with a starting bid of 75 USD. In the last 15 seconds there was a bid for 251 USD, followed immediately by a bid for 2650 USD (!), which was outbid at the end for 2700 USD. And it was listed as used! I'm a CE addict, but even I don't need a fix that expensive.

BTW, Firefox for CE was pretty slow even when it did finish loading correctly:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=16068&po...

I'd go with Opera Mini instead:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/details.asp?id=709

Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2017-06-02 11:08 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Idiots do that all the time. They bid what they want to pay that the seller may accept, then they use a phoney eBay account and make outrageous bids with no intent to pay. And no one is going to outbid them obviously.

They are hoping that the seller will sell the item to the last high bidder after the fake person defaults.

It's happened to me several times...but I never offer it to the last high bidder...I simply relist it.
 Top of the page
Mister_Argent Page Icon Posted 2017-06-03 5:15 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Opera runs, but I... can't seem to accept the EULA, sadly. The option just plain isn't there. Also can't tap the taskbar once it's running. Weird...

Edited by Mister_Argent 2017-06-03 5:39 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2017-06-03 9:31 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The taskbar issue is a known bug. Try autohiding it before opening Opera Mini so you can see the who;e screen.
 Top of the page
SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2017-06-03 9:59 PM
#
You might also want to try running Zetakey web browser. I've had great experiences with it
 Top of the page
Mister_Argent Page Icon Posted 2017-06-04 1:37 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Zetakey runs nice, but seems to use up a lot of memory - to the point that CE complains that it's getting low...
 Top of the page
SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2017-06-04 8:28 AM
#
Mister_Argent - 2017-06-04 1:37 AM

Zetakey runs nice, but seems to use up a lot of memory - to the point that CE complains that it's getting low...

I disabled high resolution images and the debug log in the configuration file, it didn't run out of memory after that
 Top of the page
Mister_Argent Page Icon Posted 2017-06-05 1:48 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hm... paring it down to 256px images still didn't help. This thing's supposedly got 128mb of RAM so that should be plenty for Zetakey (which reccomends 100mb or more), so that shouldn't be happening. I wonder if this thing's misconfigured, but i can't find any trivial way to adjust memory settings or anything.
 Top of the page
SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2017-06-05 9:52 AM
#
Mister_Argent - 2017-06-05 1:48 AM

Hm... paring it down to 256px images still didn't help. This thing's supposedly got 128mb of RAM so that should be plenty for Zetakey (which reccomends 100mb or more), so that shouldn't be happening. I wonder if this thing's misconfigured, but i can't find any trivial way to adjust memory settings or anything.

Edit ZK_MAX_IMGSIZE down to 64, change ZK_DEBUG_LOG to 0 and if it still doesn't work, disable JS
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 9