x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Do you use a smartwatch?

1 2
Do you use a smartwatch?
OptionResults
Yes, and I love it!
Yes, and it will be my last.
No, but I want one.
No, and I don't want one!
Smart what?

HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2017-06-26 9:52 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Just curious how many here have and use a smartwatch? I had the original LG Watch R before I broke the screen and got the Urbane. Personally, I think it's fantastic. As a user of a phablet, it's nice to be able to read and reply to messages through my wrist instead of taking my phone out of my man purse.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2017-06-26 6:39 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Nope. Not interested. I don't need anything else trying to spy on me or harvest my life for the betterment of advertising executives.

Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2017-06-26 8:01 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I've owned a Fossil Abacus, a Swatch (my favorite), a PDA Casio PC Unite, an MP3/MP4 wristwatch, an Onhand PC, but no more. I don't want anything again that has to be charged up on a daily or even weekly basis.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2017-06-26 11:05 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Yeah, that was the problem with the Fossil Abacus. Seemed like it had to be recharged daily. Kinda defeats the purpose of a wristwatch.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2017-06-27 1:30 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I know a girl who just bought a new Apple watch...she uses it frequently and actually has to charge it twice a day...what a pain in the ass that would be. When they come out with one that runs on a nuclear power cell for 10 years...then I'll buy it, whether it radiates me or not.
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2017-06-27 3:59 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

The Abacus, great watch. I had the Star Trek Tricorder on mine. Had to eventually replace the battery with an iPod battery that was *almost* a direct replacement. Worked up until 2012 when I broke the screen.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2017-06-27 6:00 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The term is "irradiate," Rich. (Better hurry up and get that watch. )

Didn't know there was a monochrome Tricorder app for Palm OS 4, HPC:Fan.
 Top of the page
PDXMark Page Icon Posted 2017-06-27 6:43 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I have a MS Band; does that qualify? I like it, but it's had reliability issues and I'm not wearing it consistently now.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2017-06-27 9:55 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
I look at where the sun is in the sky. Does that count? Doesn't fit on my wrist; on the other hand, so to speak, I don't have to wear it

Hey, Chris, can we assume that you're not a big Amazon Alexis fan? Now talk about something that's monitoring your habits...isn't some US prosecutor trying to get her as a witness, that she may have recorded a murder in the home?

Jake
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2017-06-27 10:12 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I did the same battery swap on my Abacus...iPod mini battery. Better capacity than the original.
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2017-06-27 11:12 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Yep, that battery change is a must for anyone who has one. I don't mind charging my watch at night, I don't typically use them when I sleep. My friend has a Pebble which will last a week and a half on a single charge. I really like those, maybe we can mate an Abacus with a Pebble and get a PAbacebble? Abble?

But in all seriousness. I really like smart watches. Not only can I get turn by turn GPS without having to take my phone out, I can also talk without my phone to my ear. Just use a bluetooth headset and answer incoming calls on the watch. *ALMOST* Dick Tracy style!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2017-06-28 5:22 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

HPC:Fan - 2017-06-27 3:12 PM

I really like those, maybe we can mate an Abacus with a Pebble and get a PAbacebble? Abble?

Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2017-06-28 12:25 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Remember when Scott got that Ottium Gear S? Was that what it was called? Wonder how that experiment turned out?
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2017-06-28 4:26 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Right now i have a pebble time, i also have the original pebble but it's fairly beat up ....I wouldn't say i love it, but i like it...I have had a couple of android wear but was never crazy about them, but i prefer the pebble as i can see the screen in any light.

Edited by thcrw739 2017-06-28 4:27 PM
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2017-06-29 12:51 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Rich Hawley - 2017-06-28 6:25 AM

Remember when Scott got that Ottium Gear S? Was that what it was called? Wonder how that experiment turned out?

Yeah, the Otium was nice. Especially for the price. Bad thing is when I got my new phone the Bluetooth in the watch would not pair with it. I have had the Samsung Gear S 2 for a couple of months and it is great. At this point I don't think I will buy another smart watch. I stopped wearing a watch for a reason years ago. I am not using it the way I thought I would. Really like the accuracy of the pedometer, heart rate monitor, and other things. I got this one refurbished off of Amazon for $130 and it has been a great value compared to other brands. For now I will wear the Gear S2 till it wears out.

Edited by Yoldering 2017-06-29 12:53 AM
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 53 - Executed queries : 33