x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Do you use a smartwatch?

1 2
Do you use a smartwatch?
OptionResults
Yes, and I love it!
Yes, and it will be my last.
No, but I want one.
No, and I don't want one!
Smart what?

Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2017-06-29 2:22 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Hey...can't believe I found the old post...

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=15524&st...

Too bad they never came out with a Win CE watch. Just a simple watch you could activesync with your desktop to set the time and transfer contact info over to. Maybe display .txt files as needed.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2017-06-29 2:51 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

LOL - had to laugh about the part where you had a pic of all your watches, but they weren't synchronized. Rich Hawley - time traveler.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2017-06-29 3:10 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

You know it really is amazing how technology has changed and grown.

My infrared watch...good for changing channels, but my Android smartphone does it better and easier. My pda Casio...same thing, smartphone wins hands down. The Abacus, the mp3 music player...all replaced by my smartphone. Heck, even my pocketpcs have been replaced by my phone.

Keyboard entry was and still is the one thing HPCs have over anything else...though I have to say that voice recognition is getting so fast and accurate on my smartphone that even that feature is being overtaken.
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2017-06-29 4:10 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

You said it Rich, time has flown and it's downright scary! The one thing I loved, was clamshell devices with a nice QWERTY keyboard. Something so pleasing about plopping it down like a mini-laptop and typing away. Last phone (or new mobile device period) I had with a QWERTY keyboard was the Nokia E7 back in 2008ish. Even that phone is now outdated, and it sported the capabilities of a flagship phone.

One thing I do hate about all of this new neat fangled tech, is how they do it. For example, every word you tell Siri or OK Google goes to their servers. Private texts aren't so private anymore. Privacy in general isn't a "thing" anymore online. I'll get in more trouble for reading your IRL mail than your email with credit card statements.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2017-07-07 3:01 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I don't own a smartwatch, but I have two somewhat related products: FitBit Zip, which I bought in Microsoft Store in Boston back in 2013, and MisFit Shine (1st gen) which I bought in Tokyo's (Shibuya) Apple Store.

Both are not in use right now as I don't really bother measuring my activity and I like to wear mostly analog wristwatches.

Edited by stingraze 2017-07-07 3:02 AM
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2017-07-14 3:52 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Just an update, a friend upgraded from his Samsung Gear 2 to the Gear S3. I'm borrowing his old Gear 2 to give it a test to see how different it feels from my Urbane. I have to say, the Tizen OS is rather nice. It zips and zings with no lag. Apps on the watch start up in an instant. My Urbane with AW 2.0 isn't bad, but it does lag from time to time and it takes a second (sometimes two) to open an app. If I wasn't so tied down with Android Wear apps, I'd seriously consider a Tizen based smart watch as a future replacement.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 11