x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

kidil Page Icon Posted 2017-06-27 7:26 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello,
I want to ask again for help to a problem I had in the past that I have not manage to resolve.
I have a 7'' netbook that runs the sylvania image from this site.
I use opera mini as web browser.
When there is a video, it pops up windows media player that loads nothing....
I had asked in the past and it was suggested to use SmallTeak or a Registry editor to try to make the change so as to "open" core player instead. Can some one help me as how to do it?

Edited by kidil 2017-06-27 7:33 AM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2017-06-27 1:33 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

The newer Youtube videos won't even open with core player in CE. About the only thing you can open are simple old protocol MP4 videos. Of course there are a variety of Divx players that will work with those in that format...but normally you only find those in converted movies.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2017-06-27 6:05 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

YouTube currently downloads in MP4 format, Rich - at least in RealTimes on my PC. Is there a "new" MP4 protocol?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2017-06-27 10:09 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Not sure...some of the videos I download from YT will play on my desktop, but not my HPCs despite being the same file format.
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2017-06-27 11:14 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

The actual website gives you the video in HTML5 format, don't they? So if you had a fast enough processor and an HTML5 capable browser (which doesn't exist AFAIK for WinCE devices) it could work. This is one of those things I've wanted to tackle, but I can't program worth, well, you know what. But if I could, I'd have loved to take a shot at making a Youtube app for older devices that would stream the media in a handheld friendly format.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2017-06-28 5:19 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Zetakey Browser for CE is supposed to support HTML5, but it's a memory hog and pretty slow even on CE 6 devices.
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2017-06-28 5:35 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Now that's interesting. Too bad I don't have a CE 6 device, maybe OP could give it a try and report back?
 Top of the page
kidil Page Icon Posted 2017-07-15 6:38 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I understand that there is a posibility that in some formats core player will work, where windows player is sure (from my experience) not to work at all. I have never managed to watch a downloaded video with wp. With cp is a partial success. But the main problem remains.... How I force opera mini to open cp instead of wp when i click on a video link?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2017-07-15 9:35 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Assuming that Opera Mini is simply parsing the data to another app as it is streaming, the the default player is probably specified in the registry. However, in CE, is Windows Media Player part of the operating system or a separate entity...I can't remember...
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2017-07-30 7:44 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I can't be 100% sure (do not have anything to try it out) but it seems that Opera Mini is following protocol assosiactions.
For example, there is HKCR/http key in registry, as well as /rtsp, /mailto and others probably.
 Top of the page
SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2017-07-30 7:59 AM
#
Rich Hawley - 2017-07-15 9:35 AM

Assuming that Opera Mini is simply parsing the data to another app as it is streaming, the the default player is probably specified in the registry. However, in CE, is Windows Media Player part of the operating system or a separate entity...I can't remember...

It's like I'm desktop Windows, it's built into the OS but you're not forced to use it
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2017-08-07 3:12 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Install CorePlayer (find it somewhere). I'm not sure you can even buy it anymore. In the file associations, set RTP and RTSP. Then go to m.youtube.com in Opera Mini. Click the watch video link of the video you'd like to watch and you are good to go. The videos will be shit quality but at least you can say YouTube still works. But don't do this on the MobilePro 900c with CE 4.2. For some reason, CorePlayer turns the backlight off permanently as soon as it plays a video. If anyone knows how to fix this, let me know. I had to hard reset several times because of this on the MP900c after running CorePlayer. The YouTube video did play but I couldn't see it! You can't watch the higher quality .MP4 videos without downloading them from YouTube manually anymore. All the 3rd party apps for this haven't been updated in years. You may be able to use the pwn prefix on youtube.com to download videos as well. Just enter pwn before the youtube.com in the url bar and it will offer to download the videos. You can then copy and paste the links in CorePlayer/TCPMP.
 Top of the page
kidil Page Icon Posted 2017-08-12 11:16 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thank you very much for your replies. Sorry for not having written earlier, but where I was, there was no internet access of any kind. I tried all the ideas and still, I can't make opera "choose" core player for the videos... But, the solution with the pwn prefix is an excelent one and is the one I think I am going to use.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 10