x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2017-07-25 3:54 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

So I have this GPS which runs a very stripped down CE5. I was thinking of adding the missing files and drivers to it, but I don't have any CE5 files to add. Right now it boots to a standard CE desktop. And I dumped the "way out of date" GPS mapping software, so I have plenty of device storage.

My goal: Complete functional CE device with 800x480 screen and running iGo Primo 9 from SD card.

Any ideas?
 Top of the page
SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2017-07-25 9:03 PM
#
I have a big bunch of files that I used to pimp my own CE5 GPSs, I can upload some of them tomorrow and you can take a look it they're of any use
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2017-07-25 9:58 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Cool...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2017-07-26 12:53 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

What about the MioPocket package from gpspassion.com? There are CE 5 files, including a huge folder of DLLs, in the most recent package. It looks like the site is closed now, but there may be other places where it can still be downloaded. (I have it on my PC, but it's a pretty big ZIP file and I'm at work right now, so I can't upload it at the moment.)
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2017-07-26 10:27 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Didn't know about that...will try to find them...

UPDATE: Found the file, but a large number of the DLLs are dummy files...back to the drawing board. What I would give for a BSP of this device right now...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2017-07-27 5:09 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Have you tried compiling generic base files using the correct architecture in platform builder? It won't help you with drivers, but missing shell functionality might work.

Has anyone ever actually gotten hold of a genuine BSP for anything? You might think there would be some in the DLC... But I've never seen one!
 Top of the page
SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2017-07-27 7:00 PM
#
Here, I've uploaded the files and registry entries I use: http://www75.zippyshare.com/d/u6So7Bmj/14162/wince.7z
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2017-07-27 11:09 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I have one for the iPAQ 4700, but not the 310...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 8