x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Affiliate Links & Donating to HPC:Factor

1 2 3 4
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2018-01-13 12:33 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Amazon Associates (Amazon's Affiliates Programme)
HPC:Factor may earn from qualifying purchases made via any Amazon link found on the site. Using a link on hpcfactor.com does not increase the purchase or shipping price for you in any way.

United Kingdom
- Amazon United Kingdom Home Page

- Amazon Prime
- Amazon Instant Video
- Audible e-books
- Amazon Echo & Alexa

United State of America
- Amazon United States Home Page

- Amazon Prime
- Audible e-books
- Amazon Echo & Alexa

Affiliate Tags
In the interest of full disclosure, our affiliate link ID's are
- UK: &tag=hpcfactor-21
- US: &tag=hpcfactor00-20

Forum BBS Markup
You can create a link using the BBS forum code. Either click on 'Amazon Link' in the forum post editor toolbar or enter forum code in the following format:
[ amazon=Dell XPS 13]

The value after the equals sign can be a search term (e.g. Dell XPS 13), an Amazon ASIN, an ISBN or a Amazon URL.
The forum will automatically create an Amazon icon in your post which will link to Amazon CA, DE, UK, US when you hover your mouse over it as follows . The link can be placed in-line with text to prevent disruption of text.

eBay Partner Network
As with Amazon, the site is part of EPN. In a similar way, the site earns from qualifying purchases you make on eBay without increasing the price to you.

Forum BBS Markup
You can create a link using the BBS forum code. Either click on 'eBay Link' in the forum post editor toolbar or enter forum code in the following format:
[ eBay=Jornada 720]

The value after the equals sign can be a search term (e.g. Jornada 720), an Amazon ASIN, an ISBN or a 2021+ eBay URL.
The forum will automatically create an Amazon icon in your post which will link to various international sites when you hover your mouse over it as follows . The link can be placed in-line with text to prevent disruption of text.

Link Generators
You can turn any eBay or Amazon link into a link to support the site using the link generators

View: Link Generators

PayPal Donations
You can donate to HPC:Factor via the PayPal button at the bottom of any page here on the site. You can donate in your local currency and PayPal do a conversion and take a charge.

Please note, over the years there have been a lot of people who hope that the donation system is automated and donate £0.01 or $0.01 because they think that it will unlock Subscriber+ on their account. This is NOT the case, they are processed manually by me. Donations made that are less than about £0.50/$0.50 incur a 100% or near 100% service charge from PayPal, so your donation is pure profit for PayPal as we receive nothing.

Note: If you are unable to use PayPal to donate or subscribe to support the site due to geographic and territorial limitations, please use Patreon to make your donation and then immediately cancel the automatic monthly renewal.

Patreon Donations
If you would like to setup a regular monthly contribution to help support HPC:Factor, please use our Patreon.
https://www.patreon.com/hpcfactor
 Top of the page Quote Reply
Mobi Page Icon Posted 2018-01-23 4:21 AM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

Hey glad to see that this is possible. Bookmarking now!
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2018-04-15 11:19 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I have emails from Amazon.ca and .com last night telling me that no one has purchased anything, so we've got 90 days until they suspend the accounts
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2018-04-15 8:20 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Yeah, I guess they must be pretty upset if they sent you e-nails.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2018-04-17 7:56 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

har har.
Does anyone have any experience on how to use Affiliates? Looking at the dashboards I can see clicks but nothing ever gets converted into a monetary amount so I wonder if I'm not doing it right?
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2018-04-17 3:29 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

You have to have an actual sale AFAIK for it to turn into a monetary amount. Affiliate links are not ads so don't generate revenue per click. I had a relatively successful affiliate partnership a decade ago with a forum using Amazon. Didn't know how it worked, but knew that a purchase would generate a little fraction of money.

I'm going to help my grandmother set up Amazon Prime, not sure when but guessing after the 20th when she finally gets the net reinstalled. If I can, I'll make sure to use your affiliate link.

*Edit*
HPC:Factor is one of the very few sites I've allowed ads on, but I've never seen one. Maybe set up an Adsense account with Google and put a small ad at the top and bottom of the forum?

Edited by HPC:Fan 2018-04-17 3:32 PM
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2018-04-17 4:20 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

We don't have ad's. I'd rather let it die than subject everyone to irrelevant advertising. I'm looking for the site to pay for itself, not get rich.

That's the thing, literally nothing appears to have been converted into sales. This is the UK affl code. Clicks, ordered items, no earnings. So if someone clicks on, orders something and you don't get anything for it... what's the purpose of the programme exactly?

(amzn-uk.png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments amzn-uk.png (32KB - 0 downloads)
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2018-04-17 5:17 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

It's been eight to ten years since I last screwed around with anything Amazon related. It might be that you have to have an X amount of sales to start seeing some earnings. I wish I knew more but I try my hardest to stay away from anything Amazon related nowadays. There's some YouTube videos that discuss selling on Amazon, but they don't really go into detail on how Amazon decides what you get and how.

I wish I could be of more help.
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2018-04-19 12:02 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

C:Amie,

I was wondering what you think about product affiliate links with pictures, you know the one with box.

You could maybe create codes for products that are on amazon with same product name?

I used to get 1000 JPY to 1600 JPY / month I think, by making high traffic site by grabbing tweets on a set topic once. I don’t know if it is any good, but just an suggestion.

Niche products have market needs...
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2018-04-19 8:37 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I've linked up everything in the HCL to Amazon, the difficulty is that there is little relevant to the twilight H/PC user community that is directly relevant that they will click through for and is still listed on Amazon. Randomly putting up in-related links all over the place isn't going to help. Unless anyone has any bright ideas?
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2018-04-19 6:31 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I wonder how many people come across this website looking for help on more modern handhelds? Perhaps if you'd try putting some accessories for those on Amazon here on the forum? I'm grasping at straws. This is such a niche market in 2018 that it's hard to target people as there really aren't many people still into WinCE devices.
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2018-04-22 12:24 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Niche like H/PCs still have small market. Especially for the collectors.

One idea is to put modern Compact Flash cards that work for H/PCs (32GB?)
Another idea is to put links to books for Handheld PC programming / guide / how-to. That should create an entry point to amazon’s other products, which I believe you will get a small percentage of. (It is like that in Japanese amazon and .com)

Just my ideas.

Edited by stingraze 2018-04-22 12:29 PM
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2018-05-09 10:10 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Is there anything non-H/PC that people are buying that you'd click a referral link on to buy?

The US and CA links still have no traffic on them and will get shutdown soon by Amazon havig gone to the trouble
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2018-06-03 11:02 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Between HPC:Factor and c-amie.co.uk we've now had 2 items ordered through the US link, which I think qualifies it to not be shutdown now, so thanks for that if it was you. The UK is several years old and passed probation in 2016 so that's safe too. The Amazon Canada one has had no referrals and only 2 clicks though
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2018-06-03 11:26 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I wrote a plugin that allows anyone to generate a sponsored Amazon link, I've been using it on c-amie.co.uk for a while.

I have just integrated it into the BBS markup, so if you want to link to anything in a post you can now do so
[ amazon=<searchterm>]

e.g.
[ amazon=Dell XPS 13]

[ amazon=B0767FCWFX]

[ amazon=0857501003]

[ amazon=iPhone X]

Which Gives:
Dell XPS 13:

Dell XPS 13 (via an ASIN):

Brief History of Time (via ISBN):

iPhone X: