x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

torch Page Icon Posted 2006-09-12 7:46 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Hey thanks for the information, I have been planning on buying the MP 900 from you people when its avaliable..
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2006-09-12 11:15 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

halgol - 2006-09-12 5:36 PM

Hi All,

Thank you for your response. I would like to ask if you could post a message here, or in HPCbay, when you receive the 900s and have come up with the price you will be asking. Thank you.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-09-13 5:12 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Yoldering, I'll be doing that, don't worry. We have an excellent relationship with the team at UsedHandheld's, so we'll keep you all posted

So, I guess the cat's out of the bag
 Top of the page
halgol Page Icon Posted 2006-09-13 3:50 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks everyone. I'll keep in contact with HPC:Factor and monitor this thread.
 Top of the page
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2006-09-18 9:59 PM
#
Avatar image of clintonfitchdotcom
H/PC Elite

Thanks Hal for posting and keeping the group up-to-date!

Top of the page
Arie
Arie Page Icon Posted 2006-11-27 2:23 PM
#
Hello,
I'm new here. I am a Dutch dedicated Psion-user (Epoc-NetBook), but wanted to take a look to Windows-CE devices.
I chose to buy a new HP-Jornada 728 from usedhandhelds.com / Thaddeus Computing, Inc. They offered them for $499,-- on their site.
Delivering was very quick and correct, BUT: the device didn't function as I expected: The screen was so very light that you could hardly see anything on it. It wasn't possible to change the settings so that it would be better. Only under a certain angle something could be seen on the screen.
I showed the device to some "experts" on Jornada 728 over here and they all told me there was a hardware-problem with my new device.
So I mailed the problem to Wayne Kneeskern, General Manager of
UsedHandhelds.com. Within a few hours he mailed me back with appologies and told me that he would send me another one immediately and that I didn't have to send the first machine back untill the new one has arrived. He also wrote that he would refund me the shipping costs.
He kept his promises.
Exactly one week later the new machine arrived. And it works great!
I would like to give Wayne and UsedHandhelds.com a huge compliment for all of this!
I spent a lot of money on this and America is a long way from Holland, so when the first machine appeared not to be allright, I was very worried.
But there was no need for that!!
UsedHandhelds.com is really great!!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-11-27 2:37 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Arie, a great story, thanks for sharing!
 Top of the page
halgol Page Icon Posted 2006-11-27 2:52 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for posting your experience with us. It is appreciated. We hadn't checked the original 728 you received, because it was sealed in the original packaging. We did check the next one we sent you. Yours was the first bad unit in the batch that we purchased.

By the way, it seems I promised in this thread to keep everyone up to date on the status of NEC 900C's. This week Wayne is traveling to the site of the 900C's and selecting/verifying the condition of the 900c's we have agreed to purchase for resale.

We put together a bundle that we think makes the 900C package quite compelling. We include a new Wi-Fi card and the fully licensed versions of over $300 of Handheld PC software. I am most pleased about being able to include SoftMaker PlanMaker and TextMaker, PhatPad, DVD Catalyst, PocketDOS, Pocket On-Schedule, Laridian Pocket Bible and a number of other software packages still commercially available on the CD. (The CD will be available for $99 as a separate purchase). We hope to have the CD completed this week.

The price is $399 and it includes free (U.S.) shipping, 30 day no-questions-asked return policy, a case, a 64MB memory card, and a year warranty.

You can read more and pre-order at http://www.usedhandhelds.com/usedhh_nec_promo.asp . If everything goes right we will be able to start shipping sometime next week, although the week of Dec 11 is probably more reasonable.
 Top of the page
Arie
Arie Page Icon Posted 2006-11-27 3:07 PM
#
Thanks, C:Amie.
I hope to learn a lot on HPC:Factor.
 Top of the page
Hal Page Icon Posted 2007-08-04 10:49 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Personally, I think their prices are reasonale, considering the warranties available. Otherwise, to do less means you are "self-insuring", in which case you can put the $ differential in an investment account for a Jornada "rainy day", right?
 Top of the page
clintonfitchdotwife
clintonfitchdotwife Page Icon Posted 2007-08-18 4:35 PM
#
Props to the folks at usedhandhelds.com (Hal I assume?) for the great ad in the new smartphone & pocket pc magazine this month.

I love the 2 page spread that shows the actual size of the device. Very slick.

I also loved the content of the magazine this month. The how-to guides are top-notch!

Edited by clintonfitchdotwife 2007-08-18 4:36 PM
 Top of the page
gregart_2000 Page Icon Posted 2007-12-10 2:26 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I recently purchased a Jornada 680, my first HPC after owning nearly a dozen and a half PPCs (Palm & WM), but I'm actually ready for a better HPC. Are those 900s much better than the j680? Where can I find more info on them and what are the approx going rate for them now?

Thanks,
Greg
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-12-10 2:30 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Have a look at this site, the spec's database, HPCNEC and other links in the Links Directory under Community and of course hpcBay and eBay are useful for checking out prices.

We also have a review of the UHH MP900C deal.

So, please use the SITE not just the forum.
 Top of the page
greg_graham Page Icon Posted 2008-04-04 10:55 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I have purchased two Jornada 720s from UsedHandhelds via eBay, and can highly recommend them.

I had first paid more for a 720 advertised as NEW over the web (not from eBay) and received a banged-up clunker with a scratched screen, broken modem cover, and Norwegian keyboard.

UsedHandheld's service is excellent, and the units were exactly as described -- clean, functional, with all of the HP accessories originally included, and even a new backup battery. I found that their prices were reasonable, maybe not rock bottom, but you get a completely functional PDA in good condition. UsedHandheld's positive feedback on eBay is 100%, and I can see why!
 Top of the page
BOB_03_ELLIOTT
BOB_03_ELLIOTT Page Icon Posted 2008-11-03 11:12 PM
#
About USEDHANDHELD'S they are A OK I have been a customer with them for aprox (1) year and think to buy the HP 728 HAD A 720 AND SOLD IT. NOW I WANT TO GET BACK TO JORNADA'S. THEY HAVE A GOOD SALE ON THE 728'S

Bob
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 12