x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Review: Mullenger's Windows CE 4.2 ROM upgrade for the SIMpad

[Frozen]
1 2 3 4 5
Frozen
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-04-03 5:13 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

A little Confused,

4.21 is not a WinCE release, it is the Windows Mobile 2003SE Ident. The 4.2 WinCE SDk can be downloaded from the developers section.

markg, Mullenger still sell it. You would have to ask them about customisation.

Top of the page Quote Reply
Simon
Simon Page Icon Posted 2006-04-10 10:36 AM
#
Website moved to http://www.mullengers.com whilst I get www.mullenger.org untangled from a certain domain provider...
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-04-11 3:28 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Simon, have you considered any other delivery methods for your image?
Simon
Simon Page Icon Posted 2006-04-11 4:58 AM
#
Hi,

Yes, but quality assurance testing is getting more important as the SIMpads are getting older; I am getting more and more JTAG work from failed flash chips or failed upgrades.
Also people have figured our how to change their FABDATA settings (serial numbers) so there is no easy way to protect the image license other than doing a local upgrade service.

Best regards
Simon
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-04-11 5:07 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Thanks for the update Simon. I appreciate your position and understand.
markg Page Icon Posted 2006-04-13 7:57 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Say Simon,
I've been trying to get a hold of you regarding my SIMpad upgrade, but couldn't get to your .org site. Also, your .com site, while up, doesn't appear to be sending my posts (no "post-been-sent confirm". Just checking in for an update.

Also - I was wondering, since there is more use of Smart Cards over there, I was wondering if you (or any others) could tell me of any common uses SIMpad users have involving the smartcard reader on the SIMpad.

thanks,
Markg

- MarkG
Simon
Simon Page Icon Posted 2006-04-21 3:29 PM
#
Hi,

Just send mail to "slimpad@mullingers.com" (please modify the username to "simpad" and the domain name to "mullengers".

Does anyone know how to make PHP webpage mail work? Does anyone have any text/script that I could copy and use? My website is now hosted on a Windows server.

Kind regards
Simon
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-04-23 6:49 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Simon, the request is too OT for this subject, we like to maintain thread conformity here. Please make use of the OT board.
markg Page Icon Posted 2006-04-28 10:11 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Simon - Got my Simpad back from you - works great! Actual USB functionality and everything! :-) Just had another question regarding something I had asked about earlier.

the one problem is that with the upgrade, the Jeode JVM is gone. I utilize acess to Java run sites alot (work related: work alot with a product that runs a Java Application Control Engine. These JACE's are made by Tridium (www.tridium.com).

Now, so far I've tried several times with various JVM's

Ewe VM: no success; I get nothing but incompatible VM message.
CrEme VM: went a little farther than Ewe, but got repetetive errors when the applet tried to load specific jars.

Insignia/Esmertec/Jeode: This one ticked me off above all the others! The Insignia Jeode from handango ($50!) wouldnt show anything, while the Esmertec Jeode from Handango ($50!!!!!!) would start to load, then would give me the "Failed to run applet. Please Reload" message, regardless of app memory adjustments or removing unneccesary files. And I was sure this shoulve worked 'cause the original Jeode EVM in the pre-upgraded Simpad worked!!!

Netfront 3.1 and 3.2: When I bought both ($26 each) , the loaded into the Simpad, then after installing the license, they would crash (fatal error) when clicked on.

Now - I am just about out of patience, and pretty much at the end of my financial resources.
But at least I have a whole package of CAB and Installs that I have pretty much no use for! >:-(

So - any Simpad users out there have the original Jeode on their CD that they could send me?

Nexxo
Nexxo Page Icon Posted 2006-05-02 2:57 PM
#
Simon, I've got a Simpad that needs reflashing to Windows CE 4.2... Now I've been trying to reach you through your website and the e-mail that you listed here, but to no avail. Can you please contact me?
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-02 4:22 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

markg! i think you can ask handango to pay the price back if you're unsatisfied.
this really sounds a lot spent for nothing
markg Page Icon Posted 2006-05-06 11:11 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Just to updae here-Finally got a jvm to work. oddly enough, it was JEM-CE from bsquare.
Simon, for a bit more money up front, i believe your customers would be willing to pay the extra needed for an on-board fully functioning jvm.
A pity that siemens didnt keep making these - they are great little machines! replace the smart card with a cf or sd slot and this thing would be the ultimate hpc.
Guest Page Icon Posted 2006-05-08 11:59 AM
#
Hi,
Could you please email me the info on this and I'll add it to the package or as an option.
Thanks
Simon
Guest Page Icon Posted 2006-05-08 12:00 PM
#
Hi,
Please just email me at slimpad@mullenger.org.
The spelling mistake is intentional.
Best regards
Simon
markg Page Icon Posted 2006-05-12 2:38 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Another update: One of the Simpad shortcomings was the fact that you only had the 1 pcmcia slot to work with - what if you needed wifi and extra storage?

Sandisk makes (made) the perfect solution: a cf wifi card that incorporates 128MB of storage. I just got one of the for $37 on ebay. The PPC 2003 driver on sandisks website works fine for the 4.2 modded Simpad. Now Ive got my wifi and extra storage room to boot!
1 2 3 4 5
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 49 - Executed queries : 26