x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

A Call for Help: Debian.

[Frozen]
« Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »
Frozen
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-01-13 7:40 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Ok, I have some time now. If I can't get a cross compiler working (which I will, eventually), I will just compile on my cf card. Then the project will get moving again, and a beta release will be on its way.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-01-21 3:30 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Ok, here are some things that people will probably like to hear.

Because I have wasted so much time worrying about my cf card, I decided the following: "Screw the card, I have work to do"

What that means is that now I will do all compiling I need on my 720, with the cf card, until it breaks (which will probaby be a long time for some reason). That also means that the beta release will include the main Debian coreutils (for now), and that the entire gcc system will be installed as well.

After I get the system to boot again, development kernel 2.6 will be tested, and, if it works as well as 2.4, will be included in the beta release.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-01-21 8:13 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Lol, looks like I need to start over again, too many files are screwed up. Oh well, I am getting quick at this.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-01-21 8:17 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Lol, looks like I need to start over again, too many files are screwed up. Oh well, I am getting quick at this.

EDIT: Ok, maybe that was a bad idea. I forgot that I lent out my wifi card to a teacher.

I guess I am off to try to get that weird 3com ethernet card to work... 3c589? Doesn't seem to like handhelds all too much, works on pc's.
 Top of the page
Kristoffer Page Icon Posted 2006-03-22 5:13 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

You plan on doing all your compiling on your J7xx?..Seriously? Although it scores pretty high on my geek-factor scale, its not a realistic thing to do.

Before you do this, please consider spending a few more hours getting a good crosstoolchain working. I once tried to compile GCC on my jornada 6xx as an experiment, after about a week i gave up. So its a really really bad idea. An entire debian userland would take you a couple of months.

Also, I cant imagine why some people might mistake me for spanish (??), I'm actually swedish and I'm quite familiar with the english language. I'm happy to help with any information you might require but please forward them to kristoffer@jlime.com

Best wishes
Kristoffer

ps. Kristoffer is a swedish name, Christoper is spanish

Edited by Kristoffer 2006-03-22 5:20 PM
 Top of the page
asemisldkfj
asemisldkfj Page Icon Posted 2006-03-22 9:46 PM
#
I've only read the last post in this thread, but I did all my compiling from source on a MobilePro 780 with NetBSD 2.0.2. It wasn't so bad. I mounted the pkgsrc directory and a 1 GB swap file over NFS, so I'm sure that helped .
 Top of the page
mahatoma
mahatoma Page Icon Posted 2006-12-20 11:34 AM
#
hi!

i want to install debian on hp 720, but i don't know how to do it, can you help me about this?.

other questions. What email client to use for debian hp 720? It's the X windows working? and can openoffice suite install it?
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-12-23 7:13 AM
#
H/PC Elder

This thread is over nine months old.

Go to www.720degrees.org and forums.720degrees.net ... and don't post in ancient threads.
 Top of the page
hagisbasheruk Page Icon Posted 2007-02-19 11:56 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

This might be an old thread but it is sure a damn good read and now part of the Jornada 720s history.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2007-02-19 8:04 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Oh, not this behemoth of a thread again!

We have an archived version, but have not gone about using it for a wiki on 720degrees. So much to do, so little time and working computers...
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2007-05-21 2:17 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I stickied this thread for a sort of makeshift FAQ purpose only; it will remain locked.

If there are any questions on the topic, please make a new thread.
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 11