x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Driver Help Intel PRO/Wireless 2011B Jornada 720

DaltonTK323 Page Icon Posted 2024-03-22 12:35 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Newbie

Hello everyone! I am trying to get my Jornada 720 online. I have purchased a lot(5) of Intel PRO/Wireless 2011B wireless cards. My Jornada 720 is running Windows CE HPC2000 (CE3.0). I have installed the appropriate drivers on the Jornada 720 from the hardware page on this site. I am able to open the intel monitor application on the Jornada. The issue I am having is when I plug in the wireless card I get a prompt saying "Unidentified PCCard Adapter" and it wants me to enter a driver name. I am unsure what to put. I tried a couple names like "WLANmon" the name of the monitor application but I cant get the Jornada to recognize the PC Card. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!
Dalton
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-03-22 2:28 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

It’s usually the primary dll name in the cab that installs. Try checking /windows and sorting by date range for the files of the intel device.

You may have to go into windows explorer options first to make sure hidden files and able to be viewed. But if memory serves you’ll enter in the “enter driver name “ box something like intel2011b.dll or also try without .dll (I don’t remember which way is required )

Or if you’re not sure. Extract the cab with this tool on windows 10 / xp and it’ll list the names of the files
https://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/2052/Unknown_or_not_specified/MSCEInf/version_2.6
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-03-22 3:41 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

According to this page
the 2011 should use the same chipset as PRISM 2.5

So try this driver here
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2024-03-22 12:34 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

For prism based wifi cards...should be prismnds.dll So when the box pops up asking for driver, just type in "prismnds.dll" (no quote marks).

Go to Control Panel find Network icon, look for the intel card, set ip, subnet, gateway and dns and do soft reset or eject and reinsert the card. For network shares etc., don't forget to change the name of your hpc/J720 from the default. Also you need a router or wifi extender running WEP security or none. (open).... Enjoy

Edited by joval 2024-03-22 12:49 PM
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-03-22 12:35 PM
#
H/PC Elite

^ The driver listed above is what i am using with my Intel card. I have mine running on CE 2.11 on a Jornada 690.
 Top of the page
DaltonTK323 Page Icon Posted 2024-03-22 9:22 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Newbie

torch, I was able to locate the name of the driver (I believe) with the MSCEinf program you linked too. Under registry keys the file name "WLA11ND4" and "WLA11ND41" were directed to many times. The issue is, I am unable to get the "type name of driver" window to come back up. I ended up hard resetting my Jornada and reinstalled the Intel driver so that the "name driver" window would reappear. I tried many different names such as "WLA11ND4" and "WLA11ND41" with and without the .dll extension. The Jornada still wont recognize the PC Card. I then uninstalled the Intel driver and installed the PRISM driver. I typed the driver name "prismnds.dll" that joval provided. When opening the "Wireless Config Utility" it has an error of wireless card not found. I wonder if I need both the intel and Prism drivers installed, or would that confuse the Jornada... I have a legacy wireless B network setup with WEP security just for my old devices to connect to the network, so I should be good there. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-03-22 9:54 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Okay, I had some more ideas, before you try the more complicated one, try these first:

Go here [basically an old website of HPC Downloads/Hacking] from one of our best HPC:Factor users @cmonex

and try [Under Heading "apps for arm cpu"]
"pocketwinc (free version only - the nicest wifi scanner for hpc2000)
OR
pocketwarrior (free wifi scanner)" and see if those first work with either the Intel or PRISM drivers to allow you to scan for networks

And you are correct, the best way to diagnose/test different driver versions is hard resetting in between (obviously that does erase everything though)
If none of that works, try this:

Bear with me, I found a thread that references this problem, but the instructions can be a little confusing but it seems like they got it to work. I'll add the source, and the quote with directions, then I'll explain the directions:
https://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=6428&start=16
cmdrkeen - 2006-10-23 1:43 PM

OK guys, I got it to work. The drivers from www.wince-devel.org didn't work exactly the best, though they did recognize the card better than the stock Intel drivers. The drivers I got from cmonex worked though the GUI was still formatted for PPC screen. The best drivers with the best software have been from Symbol. It seems that the software is almost identical to the Intel drivers but it recognizes that the card is CF and loads the firmware and such. So that has been taken care of. The problem I run into now (which can be easily resolved) is that the card has an excruciatingly short range ~7 feet with a Cisco Aironet AP.

Steps to get the card to work:
1. Copy dll files to \Windows directory (aygshell.dll, doclist.dll, gx.dll, mfcce300.dll, cewdm.dll, netwlan.dll, trans.dll)
2. Download and install the Symbol Spectrum 24 drivers ftp://symstore.longisland.com/Symstore/exe/downloads/NetworkerSetupHPC2000a.exe
3. Enjoy!

Don't know if all the dll files are required but I know that after copying them all over and installing the Symbol software that it worked, despite the short range of the card. Thanks guys for the help and I hope that anyone else naive enough to purchase this card will find their answers faster than I did.

EDIT: Install the Intel drivers before the Symbol drivers. It will complain about it not being the right OS but continue. Otherwise, the Symbol software will start and immediately stop. ALL the dll files are necessary and I can zip them for easy download. Shortly after I will upload my findings to the HCL.

For step 1: the aygshell.dll, doclist.dll, mfcce300.dll can be found from this page under "arm dlls"; gapi (or gx.dll) can be either downloaded in dll from from that same website hereor from GAPI for HPCs. I believe cedwm, netwlan, and trans dlls come from the Intel driver package that you already know about
So basically step 1: download those dlls
Step 2, install Intel Drivers
Step 3, install Symbol Drivers over the Intel drivers from here - use "NetworkerSetupHPC2000a.exe" or "inflated" [inflated is just basically cab installer, make sure you use the HPC2000.ARM build]

Edited by torch 2024-03-22 9:55 PM
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2024-03-23 12:31 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

I wonder if any of these tricks might work with the errant 3com series of ethernet cards... they crash the J720... (3.0) when it goes into suspend... so soft reset needed unless the card is ejected prior to suspend. This doesn't happen with the MP800 (Mips) 2.11 driver. It's worse with the MP900 system (4.2) freezes even if card is ejected.

I will have to investigate. Anyway, appears the Intel card is not prism based...

Edited by joval 2024-03-23 12:34 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 12