x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Made a tiny but pretty useful eVB related tool

I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2024-03-27 4:48 PM
#
Avatar image of I dunk for bananas
H/PC Elite

I've had the issue of trying to run eVB programs on devices with both volatile memory and neither cmd nor wceload present, so I've cobbled together a little tool to help speed things up.

The executable needs to be placed together with above directory named VBCE, which has to contain both all the eVB 2.0 runtime files as well as regsvrce.exe.
All it does then is run regsvrce.exe /u for all DLLs that belong to the runtime. Then, it checks if .vb has been registered as a file extension in the registry, and if not, it associates .vb with the eVB executables in the current directory
This allows for the user to be able to run .vb files very quickly without any installation process. You could have the runtime on a storage card and put a link to this executable into your startup directory to just have it registered and available as soon as the system boots.

Would it make sense to add this to the SCL? It's definitely been a huge timesaver for myself at least.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2024-03-27 5:29 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Sounds good! Very happy to add it to the SCL
 Top of the page
I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2024-03-27 6:12 PM
#
Avatar image of I dunk for bananas
H/PC Elite

C:Amie - 2024-03-27 5:29 PM

Sounds good! Very happy to add it to the SCL

Awesome! Would you like to give it a test run perhaps, to see if it works well? (before adding it)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2024-03-27 9:18 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

PM sent.

Also, I'd still like you to test that MIPS3000 CAB for me, please, you said you would after I spent the time fixing the regsrv issues for you.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2024-03-28 3:13 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I've noticed that regsvr2.exe (the UI-based version) seems to create a faulty HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/VBCE.ProjectRun key, preventing .vb apps from opening. I've had to manually edit it afterwards to make them work. I hope regsvrce.exe (the command-line version) doesn't have the same problem.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-04-06 4:16 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

No rush but I’m open to testing the tool too when you have a chance
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9