x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Windows Media Player 7 for PPC 2000?

djronnieg Page Icon Posted 2024-03-29 6:43 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Newbie

I have a pretty cool haul of devices to list for a different post, but for now I got one question regarding my Cassiopeia E-125. The "About" page in setting/control panel says that it's running Windows CE 3.0.

Makes some sense, but which version of "Pocket PC?" I mean like.. it does have a "Today" screen. Speaking of that, I can't seem to even pick a wallpaper. It lets me disable the Today screen but that's it.

Anyway, the more concerning matter is playing videos. It definitely performs way better with MPEGs than my older E-15 which runs at 69mhz as opposed to the 130ish Mhz of the E-125, among other specs. This is all fine and dandy, but a more modern MP4 is more like watching picture slideshow. My plan is to continue re-encoding TV/cartoons/movies until I find the best balance between quality, and files size.

Many years ago, in the year 2001-2003, I used Windows Media Encoder to handle the job, and beck then there was a version of Windows Media Player for PocketPC that played WMV files. Many devices came with the music-only version (wma files and mp3). With my current memory cards, I can definitely pull of some really decent encodes, probably even well-optimized. Therein lies the problem...

Back in the day I could just go and easily download Window Media Player 7 (might be wrong name) for PocketPC. It literally had a blue user interface with a play button in one corner, and a black center region with the Windows Media logo in the middle. It was able to play wmv files and audio.

When looking for it, I only found the audio-only version To be fair, I am lookin for a MIPS binary/cab. So I may just give up on playing WMV's on the Casio Cassiopeia E-125 and stick to MPEGs. The MPEGs work well enough that I can read anime subtitles in landscape mode. So in other words, not the end of the world.

Have other devices (Casio E-15, E-125, and iPAQ hx4700), but this Casio E-125 takes pretty much any memory card/adapter that I've shoved into it so far. One card made it freeeze but the rest work. So I'm ready to load movies up, but am dying to find the sweet spot to get the best quality, playback, and hopefully file size.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-03-29 7:01 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Did you try TCPMP?
Try “tcpmp.pocketpc.0.72RC1.cab”
From
Here https://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/36/CoreCodec.Org/TCPMP/version_0.72_RC1?page=download
Edit: sorry I didn’t realize you mentioned TCPMP in that other thread you made too.

Edited by torch 2024-03-29 7:03 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2024-03-29 7:33 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Moved from Windows CE 2.0 to off topic.

Definitely not CE 2.0
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 10