x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

netfront 3.3 on J720

« Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »
tundrwd Page Icon Posted 2006-09-29 8:49 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Ok - downloaded latest trial, patched the one occurrance of mfcce300.dll to mfcce301.dll.

I can get the program to load (without doing anything in executabilitycheck), but the "busy world" spins constantly, making it appear it's trying to download the page. Typing in a URL gets me nowhere. Menus work, etc., but won't load page.

If I try to use executablitycheck on Netfront33.exe, EC just goes into "la-la" land, never seems to come back. Just constant hourglass.

If I copy the original file, into a filename "copy of netfront33.exe", then EC will work, letting me overwrite the version, but selecting a "rewrite lib name" gives me the list of DLLs, but selecting one doesn't give me an opportunity to change the name. Dialog boxes and window disappear, then displays all the DLLs, etc. that don't export functions.

The ExecutabilityCheck program is from the exec.zip file at cmonex' site, dated 11/12/2004, and is 12288 bytes. Is there a newer version?

Really weird. Any ideas?

Edited by tundrwd 2006-09-29 8:53 PM
 Top of the page
tundrwd Page Icon Posted 2006-09-29 8:53 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Also - any idea what the coredl3.dll file in exec.zip is for? Is it necessary for the use of EC?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-09-29 9:08 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

exec.zip.. ah forget that coredll, not needed.. i just host the file in the same way as i downloaded it, but the new update will remove the coredll (coredll.zip already has that coredll)

about netfront i bet you didn't use the right cellcore. as i said, you need the 7k one (not 7.5k)

when you select the dll name, click once (or twice? NOT doubleclick though) on it, and you will be able to rename it. i didn't know about that first so i can understand your problem with it

execheck doesn't like very large files, so after you edited it, you'd better soft reset if execheck can't come up again (directly after editign dll name or OS version).
 Top of the page
tundrwd Page Icon Posted 2006-09-29 9:43 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

cmonex - 2006-09-29 8:08 PM

exec.zip.. ah forget that coredll, not needed.. i just host the file in the same way as i downloaded it, but the new update will remove the coredll (coredll.zip already has that coredll)

about netfront i bet you didn't use the right cellcore. as i said, you need the 7k one (not 7.5k)

OK, don't know where I missed it. The instructions said install CAB file (blah blah), then overlay everything in install dir with the contents of NF33_j72x, which has the 7.5K version of cellcore in it.

Anyway, replaced the cellcore.dll, ran it, got an error loading page, typed in google URL, and it's just loaded Google.

Loaded up foxnews.com and cnn.com (they usually seem to twist most browsers in some fashion), and they both load and are useable. Some layout problems (probably some CSS issues). Fairly quick too, compared to PIE.

I can't seem to get bookmarks saved - anyone know how?

I'm also starting to get used to the "Chiclet" keys on the J728. Kinda' small for my clunky fingers.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-09-30 5:09 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

hm if the netfront 3.3 package has 7.5k, then i'll fix that.
 Top of the page
tundrwd Page Icon Posted 2006-09-30 11:52 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I think I found the reason I can't see the "Add Bookmarks" on the Bookmarks Screen/Tab. Saw a PPC screen of it, and I think it's because the dialog box is formatted to 320x240, so about 80 pixels are being "chopped off" the bottom of the screen on the J72x (The bottom of the screen shows an "OK" and "Cancel" button only).

This is probably also the case for the main screen. The menu runs across the bottom of the screen, and is probably cutting off the last 80 or so pixels off the bottom.

Is there a freeware HPC EXE Resource editor that will allow editing/patching the resources within the EXE? Using that, I could reformat the screens to be more conducive to a 640x240 screen.

Or an alternative would be to have the menu at the bottom slide over to the right about 300 pixels or so. That might work as well.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-09-30 1:08 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

options

1) use winwatch
2) use any resource editor
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 9